The Student Room Group

How long does a priority remark take?

Hi,

My English A-Level has been sent for a priority remark, how long roughly am I expecting to wait ?

Cheers
Reply 1
It depends on the exam board. I've had several back already from Edexcel and OCR (most were submitted on Thursday but one was submitted yesterday afternoon) but none from AQA. English tends to take longer than Maths.
Original post by Compost
It depends on the exam board. I've had several back already from Edexcel and OCR (most were submitted on Thursday but one was submitted yesterday afternoon) but none from AQA. English tends to take longer than Maths.

I'm with OCR. Are you an examiner then I'm guessing? Rather than a student who has had a 24hour turnover and received remark results already ?
Reply 3
Original post by tequilarosee
I'm with OCR. Are you an examiner then I'm guessing? Rather than a student who has had a 24hour turnover and received remark results already ?

Exam Officer. We've had about half of our priority re-marks back so far - 3 OCR and 6 Edexcel - but some people have now gone for a second paper as the first was unsuccessful.
I need to know too. Sent off two OCR history papers last Thursday. My place at Oxford depends on one mark. Does anyone know if I'll have the (priority) remark back before the 31st? Otherwise if I have to wait until September, I won't be able to get in.
Reply 5
I'd be surprised if you didn't hear by this Wednesday - OCR are likely to have done it then and there will be someone in the office to do the GCSE results to see the email.
(edited 6 years ago)
HiI hope you don't mind me asking you this question. You seem to have been able to reassure other students! My daughter submitted an Edexcel A Level English Lit remark early last Thursday. She's one mark off her Cambridge offer and they've told her they'll keep her place open if it's successful. We go away on holiday on Thursday for 2 weeks. Do you think it's likely she will get the result back before then so she knows one way or the other? Thanks so much
Reply 7
Original post by readingblack
I need to know too. Sent off two OCR history papers last Thursday. My place at Oxford depends on one mark. Does anyone know if I'll have the (priority) remark back before the 31st? Otherwise if I have to wait until September, I won't be able to get in.

I'm in EXACTLY the same situation, they won't let me in unless my mark for Latin moves up. I think they have to send it back before the 31st.
Tagging in the exam boards to:smile: help
Reply 9
Original post by pinklins25
HiI hope you don't mind me asking you this question. You seem to have been able to reassure other students! My daughter submitted an Edexcel A Level English Lit remark early last Thursday. She's one mark off her Cambridge offer and they've told her they'll keep her place open if it's successful. We go away on holiday on Thursday for 2 weeks. Do you think it's likely she will get the result back before then so she knows one way or the other? Thanks so much

Probably, but there are no guarantees. We've had multiple reviews back from Edexcel (Maths, Economics, Physics..) including one that went in on Sunday but not the single English Lit one we put in on Thursday. They do tend to take longer than the Maths ones.
Original post by Compost
Probably, but there are no guarantees. We've had multiple reviews back from Edexcel (Maths, Economics, Physics..) including one that went in on Sunday but not the single English Lit one we put in on Thursday. They do tend to take longer than the Maths ones.

Many thanks for replying. We'll keep our fingers crossed!

Quick Reply

Latest