The Student Room Group

Clearing and priority re-marks

In the case that I miss a grade by a few marks, I'd like to request a priority re-mark. However, I have some concerns in regards to clearing. When I have requested a priority re-mark, can I still engage in the clearing process, calling up universities and picking a clearing choice before my verbal offer is expired? What happens if I do manage to get a higher mark out of the priority review, and am able to then get into my original university? Are they still able to take me despite my clearing choice being made?
Original post by achienso
In the case that I miss a grade by a few marks, I'd like to request a priority re-mark. However, I have some concerns in regards to clearing. When I have requested a priority re-mark, can I still engage in the clearing process, calling up universities and picking a clearing choice before my verbal offer is expired? What happens if I do manage to get a higher mark out of the priority review, and am able to then get into my original university? Are they still able to take me despite my clearing choice being made?

@PQ

sorry to bother
Original post by achienso

Yep you can go nuts in clearing.

As long as your firm/insurance universities and any clearing university is aware that you’re getting a remark and there’s a chance you’ll meet your firm offer then it’s fine.

Once the marking review comes through if you meet your offer then your original firm choice will talk to ucas and any other universities directly to arrange to get your application moved back to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending