The Student Room Group

Exam re-marking

Hi everybody, essentially I have been working at AS/A*s in my a level subjects so was shocked to open my results to Bs, while I know grade boundaries were higher, the issue I found was marks- for example my coursework and paper 2 for English lit were A*s yet somehow paper 1 was a U, ultimately as I'm studying English lit at uni I lost both my firm and insurance. My teacher is getting it remarked but I was wondering if anybody knows how long this may take (AQA), they have said 15 days max but I need a response quickly.
Reply 1
I'm quite confused as to how your papers were graded so incredibly differently? i.e. an A* in paper 2 and then paper 1 being a U, it almost seems like an error in marking or like you hadn't written anything down.

have you requested a transcript of your papers back? good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by aliaa03
I'm quite confused as to how your papers were graded so incredibly differently? i.e. an A* in paper 2 and then paper 1 being a U, it almost seems like an error in marking or like you hadn't written anything down.

have you requested a transcript of your papers back? good luck :smile:

Do you know how I do this? My English teachers have requested a priority remark but not sure if this will include a transcript check x
Reply 3
Original post by emmap27x
Do you know how I do this? My English teachers have requested a priority remark but not sure if this will include a transcript check x

priority remarks are different to getting a transcript back I believe, although this might depend on the exam board.

you can email your teachers and ask to get a transcript back, but depending on the exam board you'll need to pay for it. Edexcel are free to view your paper but AQA and OCR charge you for this I think.
Reply 4

I have had my psychology as a priority remark - this includes a clerical check which basically means that they will insure that all work submitted has been acknowledged. Aka - if you used the page provided in the script and an extra page that they received the extra page too.
Reply 5
Has yours come back yet?
Original post by User_F1
I have had my psychology as a priority remark - this includes a clerical check which basically means that they will insure that all work submitted has been acknowledged. Aka - if you used the page provided in the script and an extra page that they received the extra page too.
Reply 6
If it's AQA you might be waiting a long time. If you have a U seems like they've either not marked huge parts of it, or alternatively have lost the paper (it happens! - you'll likely get your predicted/mock grade)
Reply 7
It's already been a week! AQA are such a joke- do you reckon I'll be waiting the full 15 days?
Original post by BarnabyK
If it's AQA you might be waiting a long time. If you have a U seems like they've either not marked huge parts of it, or alternatively have lost the paper (it happens! - you'll likely get your predicted/mock grade)
Reply 8
Has yours come back yet?

Yeh - I requested on 17th and heard back on 21st. Mine was Eduqas and did as a priority review.
Reply 9
It's already been a week! AQA are such a joke- do you reckon I'll be waiting the full 15 days?

Mine came in yesterday for one paper - so I waited exactly a week. Having another one remarked and hopefully this one is a little quicker!

Quick Reply

Latest