The Student Room Group

Edexcel Discount on Casio Calculators

For information, Edexcel are offering discounts on two Casio calculators - FX-991EX Classwiz and FX-CG50 graphic calculator - via this link. When I looked a few days ago, the offer seemed to be confined to educational institutions, but it looks as though it's open for individual purchasers too this morning.

Caveat: other exam boards and calculator manufacturers are available, and there may be better prices elsewhere :-)
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by old_engineer
For information, Edexcel are offering discounts on two Casio calculators - FX-991EX Classwiz and FX-CG50 graphic calculator - via this link. When I looked a few days ago, the offer seemed to be confined to educational institutions, but it looks as though it's open for individual purchases this morning.

Caveat: other exam boards and calculator manufacturers are available, and there may be better prices elsewhere :-)

There is a reason why these calculators are only offered to institutions and that is because you can only buy them in bulk.

The only thing you can do is to ask the school to take advantage of this offer.
Original post by stoyfan
The only thing you can do is to ask the school to take advantage of this offer.

Er, no. Individuals can now follow the link and access the discounted price directly. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Reply 3
Er, no. Individuals can now follow the link and access the discounted price directly. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

But the minimum order is 10, which is what stoyfan is saying. I don't know why any individual would want to buy 10 calculators.

EDIT : Minimum not 10 if you pay upfront. But shipping cost is too high for individual purchases.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4

Yes, that does seem to work for everyone, and you don't need to buy in bulk if you are paying upfront. But when shipping is added, it takes the price to over £30! Anyone seen these in the shops yet?
Reply 5
Original post by Notnek
But the minimum order is 10, which is what stoyfan is saying. I don't know why any individual would want to buy 10 calculators.

Only if you pay on credit. Individuals can select the option to pay upfront.
Reply 6
Original post by Pangol
Only if you pay on credit. Individuals can select the option to pay upfront.

Sorry you're right. But the shipping cost makes it only cheap if you're buying in bulk, as you said.
Reply 7
Original post by Notnek
Sorry you're right. But the shipping cost makes it only cheap if you're buying in bulk, as you said.

It is going to depend on what other options students have. Until these are common in the high street or elsewhere, this still might be the best deal available, although it would pay for students to club together and order in bulk.
Original post by Notnek

Agreed, the shipping is expensive @ £6.64 for one item!
Reply 9
Original post by Pangol
It is going to depend on what other options students have. Until these are common in the high street or elsewhere, this still might be the best deal available, although it would pay for students to club together and order in bulk.

On eBay you can get it shipped from Asia for around £20 :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Notnek
On eBay you can get it shipped from Asia for around £20 :smile:

That's what I did!
Reply 11
Original post by Pangol
That's what I did!

Me too and it only took around 1.5 weeks to arrive.
What part of planet earth are yall from? UK?
Reply 13
Original post by SkrillerFanatic
What part of planet earth are yall from? UK?

The vast majority of people on TSR are from the UK.
Original post by Notnek
The vast majority of people on TSR are from the UK.

Why's that?
Reply 15
Why's that?

Because it's a UK based website so all the content is related to UK exams/universities etc.
Original post by Notnek
Because it's a UK based website so all the content is related to UK exams/universities etc.

So there are no Americans in TSR?
Reply 17
So there are no Americans in TSR?

Yes there will be some Americans on TSR. Often they will be American students who are at (or looking to go to) UK universities.
Original post by Notnek
Yes there will be some Americans on TSR. Often they will be American students who are at (or looking to go to) UK universities.

I'm one of them..
Reply 19
I'm one of them..

I hope everything goes well for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest