The Student Room Group

Best calculator for Maths GCSE?

For Edexcel, what would the best calculator be to use in GCSE's that would give the greatest advantage? I'm currently looking at the Casio 991 cw since it's relatively cheap.
Original post by R74
For Edexcel, what would the best calculator be to use in GCSE's that would give the greatest advantage? I'm currently looking at the Casio 991 cw since it's relatively cheap.

Doesn't matter that much - I just use the one my school sold in year 7.
By the way, I doubt this has any use for your maths gcse but you can store any number in a calculator.
Reply 2
Original post by Arnold Rimmer

Doesn't matter that much - I just use the one my school sold in year 7.
By the way, I doubt this has any use for your maths gcse but you can store any number in a calculator.

Cheers lol, it's cause I normally use a graphing calculator but I've only just realised that it's been banned and I was looking for one that gives the same adv - my other calculators dont have a f(X) func or an equation solver
Reply 3
Original post by R74
Cheers lol, it's cause I normally use a graphing calculator but I've only just realised that it's been banned and I was looking for one that gives the same adv - my other calculators dont have a f(X) func or an equation solver

maybe casio 991 ex
Reply 4
Original post by Sumikko

maybe casio 991 ex

Cheers, I was looking at the 991 line but I was looking at some others - will buy either the 991ex or cw.

Quick Reply

Latest