The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

International gap year and applied for medicine
Achieved 4 A*s + EPQ A*, still have to go through BMAT tho. I started a thread for Imperial Medicine applicants for 2018 entry if anyone's interested :smile:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5004140&p=74154054#post74154054
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Katy Kim
Hi, anyone applied to BEng computing and got an interview offer? I’ve got the first acknowledgement email on 6th of October and the later one on 8th (saying my application is being considered in academic department) However I didn’t get any response since then..

Same situation here, sent my application on 11th, got the being considered one on 12th
Original post by macmilin
Same situation here, sent my application on 11th, got the being considered one on 12th

exact same for me, sent it off on the 11th and got the being considered on 12th.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi! Has anyone applying for biochemistry heard from Imperial yet??
Original post by penne pasta
Hi! Has anyone applying for biochemistry heard from Imperial yet??

I applied for biochem on 7th sep but I haven’t heard back yet! Intl applicant + gap year, and my grades exceed the typical offer for context.
Original post by bluepotatoes
I applied for biochem on 7th sep but I haven’t heard back yet! Intl applicant + gap year, and my grades exceed the typical offer for context.

International applicant here too! I applied on the 11th of October but so far I’ve only got an acknowledgement email.
Original post by penne pasta
International applicant here too! I applied on the 11th of October but so far I’ve only got an acknowledgement email.

I think we can expect to hear back around January? Some intl UCL applicants I know received an offer for biochem around Nov, so maybe that could be the earliest date for ICL as well
Original post by bluepotatoes
I think we can expect to hear back around January? Some intl UCL applicants I know received an offer for biochem around Nov, so maybe that could be the earliest date for ICL as well

Ahhh alright then. Thanks for informing! This is gonna be a long wait sigh 😔
Original post by Najung
I finished my interview just now! It only lasted for 10 minutes (way shorter than expected)! I applied for Chemistry (Bsc) and the questions were pretty simple: he asked me about simple ideal gas equation calculation and deriving Van Der Waal's gas equation from it (tbh I didn't know this part but I got it right yeahhh)! Then moving onto intermolecular forces... that was pretty much it and it involved some calculation but it was very simple- I just did it with my hand.

At the end, he said I hope to see you at Imperial in your first year of study, and the college will be in touch with you very soon.
I hope that is a positive note!

Well what else are you going to write with, your foot?
Original post by jakey_99

Pretty sure what she meant was doing the maths without the need of calculators (I think)
Reply 130
Original post by jakey_99

Thank you for pointing out such trivial thing 😀 The information email about interview didn't ask me to bring any calculation material so I didn't really expect anything. I meant the calculator.
(edited 6 years ago)
Does anybody know what the online admissions test for computing is about ? Only just realised I had to do it the other day, and some people seemed to have got emails about it. Is it like maths based problems or more like logic or what? And how important is it ?
Reply 132
Applying for medical biosciences
GCSEs: 6A*s 5As
AS: 3Bs in Bio, chem maths+ A in economics which i dropped
A level predictions: 3As
do i have fair chance of getting in ?
Applied for Medicine and Medical BioSciences on 10/10 and acknowledged on 11/10, both for deferred entry.

GCSEs:9A*'s and 2A's
AS: AA in maths and further maths
A Level predicted: A*A*A* in Chem Bio and Maths
BMAT: haven't done yet
Have anyone heard from their departments yet? I applied for Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, and Physics. But I have only received confirmation from the Physics department. It is very strange.
Has anyone received an interview offer for mechanical engineering yet?
I just did the test for CompSci but I only got 7/8... Do you think this might impact my chance of interview? I'm hearing most people got 8/8 so it's a little concerning
Original post by donnaseemchandra
I just did the test for CompSci but I only got 7/8... Do you think this might impact my chance of interview? I'm hearing most people got 8/8 so it's a little concerning

How do you know your scores? Do they post it immediately after the test?
Hi Guys,

Ive applied to Chemistry, and was wondering if anyone has heard back from them.
Got to do that admissions test for Computing, it kinda threw me off though because they've recently updated the page with loads of new info like how and when interviews are done and that the admissions test even exists

Latest

Trending

Trending