The Student Room Group

Anyone have any questions on the University application process? Ask me anything

Hey!
I applied last year to Imperial College London, the University of Manchester, the University of Sheffield, and the University of Leeds, along with the University of Oxford as well. Got entry into all except Oxford - but I did get the chance to interview twice with them as well. Does anyone have any questions?

I'll be happy to answer them and help you guys out!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
None of this means you are any sort of 'expert' about University Admissions.
Original post by McGinger
None of this means you are any sort of 'expert' about University Admissions.

True. However, I never stated that I am in my initial post. Although, as someone who'd gone through this process before, sharing about my experiences in the application process may still be able to help a student out.
Original post by CollegeAdvs_TR
True. However, I never stated that I am in my initial post. Although, as someone who'd gone through this process before, sharing about my experiences in the application process may still be able to help a student out.

You could put AMA (ask me anything) in the title.

This tends to imply you’re giving more answers relative to personal experience.

Im sure a lot of future applicants would be keen to hear from those with professional expertise as well as past applicant experiences.
Do I have to include all the GCSES subjects I've taken and dropped?
Reply 5
Original post by torchmender

You must include all GCSEs taken to examination - ie.that you have a certificate for.
Hey!
I applied last year to Imperial College London, the University of Manchester, the University of Sheffield, and the University of Leeds, along with the University of Oxford as well. Got entry into all except Oxford - but I did get the chance to interview twice with them as well. Does anyone have any questions?

I'll be happy to answer them and help you guys out!

What courses did you apply to? Did you do any interviews with Manchester?
My UCAS application is complete, but I can't see the reference option in my application staus. It's linked with my college centre as well. Also can I submit my application and unsubmit before the deadline?
My UCAS application is complete, but I can't see the reference option in my application staus. It's linked with my college centre as well. Also can I submit my application and unsubmit before the deadline?

Your college can’t add your reference and send your application to UCAS until you submit it.

Why do you want to unsubmit it?
Original post by PQ
Your college can’t add your reference and send your application to UCAS until you submit it.

Why do you want to unsubmit it?

I haven't submitted it but I don't have reference option in my application where I can put in details of my referee.
I haven't submitted it but I don't have reference option in my application where I can put in details of my referee.

That’s because you’re applying through a centre. They add your reference after you pay and send and then they send it on to UCAS.

You only manually add details of your referee if you apply as an individual not through a centre.
Original post by SufferingBread
What courses did you apply to? Did you do any interviews with Manchester?

Hey, I applied to MEng in Materials Science in all these universities. I only had interviews with Imperial College London, University of Sheffield and University of Oxford, not for Manchester.

Yes, it's best to include all the subjects you've taken (which you can show proof for with your certificates).

I agree with PQ. You need to submit it to your college which has been linked to your application first. And I believe you need to make your payment at this point too. Afterwards, when your college receives it, an official (such as your principal or a university counselor, etc.) will have to upload your letter of recommendation and send it through to UCAS. Once submitted to your college, as I recall, I don't think there is an option to 'unsubmit' it.
(edited 2 months ago)
Yes, it's best to include all the subjects you've taken (which you can show proof for with your certificates).

It’s not best, it’s mandatory.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending