The Student Room Group

M2 help me rearrange this to this format pls! show that KE loss is...

help please, ive reached this point. and it should be expressed as shown below,u in pencil. how do I go about it? thanks a lot!!!image-122682c8-c1cf-4280-bee1-c03618c933d9-529644367-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Original post by sarah99630
help please, ive reached this point. and it should be expressed as shown below,u in pencil. how do I go about it? thanks a lot!!!image-122682c8-c1cf-4280-bee1-c03618c933d9-529644367-compressed.jpg.jpeg

you have not made a mistake.

now you need to factorise out mu2/2 and simplify the two fractions in the bracket.
Alright, so you can express 1/2 mu^2 as mu^2 /2. Next subtract the 2 fractions as you normally would (hint get the same denominator). Once you have done this the 2 m^2u^2 cancel leaving ya with the required format hope this helps! feel free to msg me if you need further assistance
Reply 3
Original post by the bear
you have not made a mistake.

now you need to factorise out mu2/2 and simplify the two fractions in the bracket.

thank youuu! haha im still confused tho, sorry, arent we supposed to minus the fractions normally? and the lcm as 2 (m+M)?? I tried and didnt get the answer so idk what to do :frown:
Original post by sarah99630
thank youuu! haha im still confused tho, sorry, arent we supposed to minus the fractions normally? and the lcm as 2 (m+M)?? I tried and didnt get the answer so idk what to do :frown:

simplify 1 - m/{ M + m } in the usual way
Reply 5
Original post by the bear
simplify 1 - m/{ M + m } in the usual way

ahaa done, thanks A LOT!! lifesaver
Reply 6
Original post by assassinjeev22
Alright, so you can express 1/2 mu^2 as mu^2 /2. Next subtract the 2 fractions as you normally would (hint get the same denominator). Once you have done this the 2 m^2u^2 cancel leaving ya with the required format hope this helps! feel free to msg me if you need further assistance

got it! lifesaver. thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest