The Student Room Group

Maths GCSE re-sit: advice

I'm having to re-sit maths still for the 4th time this June, i can only get grade E's / 2's with my current knowledge and of course need a C / 4 to pass.
I need advice on what the best, easiest to follow revision sites or books there are that i could revise from, currently I lack the very basic knowledge of mathematics - should i try Mathswatch for example?

- I have mild dyslexia and maybe dyscalcula to some extent apparently too.
youtube has lots of videos.
If you type "GCSE maths full" into the search, the first video is the whole course in 2 hours
Original post by Rowan.c
I'm having to re-sit maths still for the 4th time this June, i can only get grade E's / 2's with my current knowledge and of course need a C / 4 to pass.
I need advice on what the best, easiest to follow revision sites or books there are that i could revise from, currently I lack the very basic knowledge of mathematics - should i try Mathswatch for example?

- I have mild dyslexia and maybe dyscalcula to some extent apparently too.

Have you considered getting a private tutor? They were a life saver for me when I was taking my maths GCSE and they got me from a D to a B
agree with above, go on the website MyTutor, you can get a one hour session for £20!! and theyre very experienced.

AND

Lots of Past papers and learn from your mistakes. Dont just move on. Make sure u do lots of practice on the area your failing on the most and dont stop till your really good at it or get many marks in your working out
Reply 4
Thankyou very much all, ill take your advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest