The Student Room Group

Advice

Hi all, hope you are well,
I've got a big problem here could someone please help me :
I'm in y11 and about to do my gcse.. however, I find maths foundation gcse hard and find it hard to get a 4 ( C) ever since I started my academic journey I've never had a passion for maths and find it difficult. However, I LOVE English and other humanities subjects and always manage to achieve a grade of 7( A)

After gcse, I want to move on to levels and do English literature and re-sociology. However without a maths gcse that's not possible. Does anyone know what to do? If I could still do a level and re-sit maths?

Please could someone help me out, I would be grateful? Thank you
Original post by meera ladva
Hi all, hope you are well,
I've got a big problem here could someone please help me :
I'm in y11 and about to do my gcse.. however, I find maths foundation gcse hard and find it hard to get a 4 ( C) ever since I started my academic journey I've never had a passion for maths and find it difficult. However, I LOVE English and other humanities subjects and always manage to achieve a grade of 7( A)

After gcse, I want to move on to levels and do English literature and re-sociology. However without a maths gcse that's not possible. Does anyone know what to do? If I could still do a level and re-sit maths?

Please could someone help me out, I would be grateful? Thank you

Hi there!
That's sounds tough. I know for definite you can re-sit it but I'm not sure if you have to do it before your A-levels or not. Will get back to you on that!
For maths help, check out this website and see if it helps: https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/gcse.html The videos on there were a life-saver for me.
Good luck :-)

Quick Reply

Latest