The Student Room Group

gcse

guyss im so confused when u re sit some gcse and then you get the new results does it mention the other gce you took lasy year and you passed or only gthe gcse that u took recently?
Original post by enthjmk5e664
guyss im so confused when u re sit some gcse and then you get the new results does it mention the other gce you took lasy year and you passed or only gthe gcse that u took recently?

When you resit a GCSE and then apply for sixth form or university, the places you apply to will see the grade you got from the resit and they will make their judgments based on that resit, thy won't know it is a resit. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu
When you resit a GCSE and then apply for sixth form or university, the places you apply to will see the grade you got from the resit and they will make their judgments based on that resit, thy won't know it is a resit. Hope this helps :smile:

Got it but you know the results after the resit will it only contain the subjects that u did in the re sits or other subjects as well that u id before the re sits ex. lets say i got a 9 in Italian and a 5 in business but a 3 in maths if I resit exams this year for math only will my next results slip only say the new grade for math or the 9 in italian and 5 in business as well?
Original post by enthjmk5e664
Got it but you know the results after the resit will it only contain the subjects that u did in the re sits or other subjects as well that u id before the re sits ex. lets say i got a 9 in Italian and a 5 in business but a 3 in maths if I resit exams this year for math only will my next results slip only say the new grade for math or the 9 in italian and 5 in business as well?

When applying to a university or school, you'll apply showing the grade you got in the resit (as they are your final grades unless you resit again) and the grades from the subjects you did not resit. If you got a 9 in Italian, a 5 in Business and a 3 in Maths and resat the Maths (let's say you got a 7 in a resit) and then applied for school or university then the application would have your grade 9, 5 and your new Maths grade 7. Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest