The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!! - medical school advice

I am in year 12 currently and want to apply to medicine, however I don’t meet the maths entry requirements of a grade 6, I meet everything else just not the 6 in maths and I did try and get a re-mark but my exam board did not allow me to and I also don’t meet the contextual offers.*

I understand that you must meet the entry requirements for your application to be accepted, is there any possible way I could re-sit my math gcse and still apply to St George’s or any other medical school for the 2024 entry. Some people have told me to re-sit my maths gcse during November this year but would this allow me to still apply to St George’s because I am not sure whether my new re sit grade would be sent to the university, as ur med school application is sent by October.

I would really appreciate it if you could help me out in my situation and give me some advice of what to do.*Thanks you
You could retake the gcse in June? Apply as a private candidate
Reply 2
Original post by Hxsna_st
I am in year 12 currently and want to apply to medicine, however I don’t meet the maths entry requirements of a grade 6, I meet everything else just not the 6 in maths and I did try and get a re-mark but my exam board did not allow me to and I also don’t meet the contextual offers.*
I understand that you must meet the entry requirements for your application to be accepted, is there any possible way I could re-sit my math gcse and still apply to St George’s or any other medical school for the 2024 entry. Some people have told me to re-sit my maths gcse during November this year but would this allow me to still apply to St George’s because I am not sure whether my new re sit grade would be sent to the university, as ur med school application is sent by October.
I would really appreciate it if you could help me out in my situation and give me some advice of what to do.*Thanks you
I think applying as a private candidate is your best option. Or you could look at different unis
went through the same thing but with english language, was reluctant to take it but ended up doing it. There's 2 months left you can get a 6 or even higher, don't live in regret retake it this June
Reply 4
Original post by r_kkk
I think applying as a private candidate is your best option. Or you could look at different unis

Thank you so much how would I apply as a private candidate?
Reply 5
Original post by wherethehoodat
went through the same thing but with english language, was reluctant to take it but ended up doing it. There's 2 months left you can get a 6 or even higher, don't live in regret retake it this June

Thank you so much unfortunately because I’m still in sixth from they won’t allow me to sit it this June because my skl has already placed our exam timetable and no changes can be made but I have decided to resit it in November. If I had know before I would have decided to sit it this June but again thank you so much for ur advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending