The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Brunel Scholarship Application

I don't know what to write for the 500-word Academic Scholarship application.
The points I have to write about are:
- Why I want to go to Brunel
- Why I would be a good course/ uni ambassador
- Achievements (academic, entrepreneurial, voluntary)

Will the uni see my personal statement along with the scholarship application? Because I don't really want to repeat stuff I wrote in my personal statement.

And I really don't know how to start it off? My personal statement I started off in a very unique way expressing why I want to do design. But I feel like a scholarship application should be more structured and less creatively-written?

Also, for the achievements section I'm not sure what to write for that. If you scored extremely high in coursework/ exam, does that count as an academic achievement?
Reply 1
I need help with the same thing
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
if you still need help with this, considering the deadline is in a week:
- for why you want to go to brunel, write not about your course, but about what you like about the university. the multiculturalism, the relaxed but supportive atmosphere, the organised open days.
- academic achievements are generally exams as well as things like being house captain, a student mentor, etc
- if youve done any volunteering or part time work, talk about that
- for being a good ambassador, the previous points lead into this. you've learnt leadership and interpersonal skills through things you've done, and you look forwards to representing a uni as modern as brunel

write it like you're certain you're getting the scholarship. don't be arrogant, but sell yourself! i agree with the more structured response, especially because they essentially give you a structure to follow, but make sure you don't relegate your answers into paragraphs following the structure. use it as a guide, but integrate all your points into all your paragraphs so it shows you have some initiative.
Reply 3
Original post by Idekbro
I need help with the same thing

Heyy this is really late, but did you apply for the scholarship in the end? I did and I haven't heard a reply yet and it's May
Reply 4
Original post by Adeline305
Heyy this is really late, but did you apply for the scholarship in the end? I did and I haven't heard a reply yet and it's May

No I still haven't heard back from them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending