The Student Room Group

What is the highest salary that you will earn?

Scroll to see replies

I'm Elon Musk soooooooooo sucks to be you. I even have my own Uber space fleet mwhaha
I wouldn’t mind £25-30k until the age of about 25 but when I’m around 30 I want to be on at least £45k+. I want to be an accountant btw (possibly and actuary if I get good enough grades)
Original post by Got Milk
I bet you aren’t even joking and think this will happen.. you wont even see 10% of that as a salary unless you plan on being a dr or top lawyer.

not joking, range is possible in finance or technology in the right roles and right firms and in management.

plus OP said peak salary, £30-40k is like a lower bound starting salary.
(edited 6 years ago)
I bet you aren’t even joking and think this will happen.. you wont even see 10% of that as a salary unless you plan on being a dr or top lawyer.

In the UK, it's possible to earn over £100k as a good Software Engineer. In the US, £200k+ is possible.
Original post by Blue_Cow
I'd be happy on 28k as a single living in London/Edinburgh, but not when I have a family and my needs change :tongue:
True but if your partner also worked its deffinately livable.
Original post by RogerOxon
In the UK, it's possible to earn over £100k as a good Software Engineer. In the US, £200k+ is possible.

£200 is possible with contracting or a ~staff position at a tech company
Reply 26
I earn 20k now I will be lucky to see 25k in my life as I work in IT tech support which is demanding yet pays peanuts.

What does your team leader earn? Or their manager? Or their director?
Hopefully 100k if I get into med school
How can you get paid in pounds if you're in the US?
I'm going into Software Engineering soo maybe 6 digits in later life but that's if everything goes right. I would be comfortable earning what my dad earns as a senior network manager in Seagate (I don't really know what he earns but he can provide for a whole family well enough on his own. i.e 2 cars and a holiday somewhere in europe every year with the family.) Part of that though is the genius of my mother who can budget like hell.
Original post by jsk800
How can you get paid in pounds if you're in the US?

Exchange rate applied.

Some of us are educated and wont just be IT tech supports for the rest of our lives. Just a thought.
Make £50k as a tower crane operator. Looking to go in to real estate business sometime this year to make some real money.
I’d be happy with about £70k or more (at today’s prices- obviously with inflation £70k won’t be as valuable in 20 years’ time)
By the time I'm 26, I should be an ACCA qualified Accountant so.....around 40k before tax and 30k~ after tax. At my peak, I would ideally expect to earn 60k~ before tax.
Maybe like 170
I'm grateful for food, water, family and the roof over my head
Exchange rate applied.

Hahaha ik ik
£50k pre-tax
Reply 39
Peaked at £45k. Left my job after that despite potentially earning 80k within the next 2 years. Job satisfaction and personal happiness is something no amount of money will buy. Maybe going forward i'll reach that again but probably only in late 40s. Ah well.

Quick Reply

Latest