The Student Room Group

What are the highest paying jobs excluding medicine?

as explained in title, what jobs are there that pay the most that dont require a medicine degree?
(edited 5 months ago)
you have to go to med school to work as a doctor
Original post by nadim1052
is it possible to go medical school as a postgraduate?

Yes. The term to search is 'Post-Graduate Entry Medicine'. It should be noted that grad med can be significantly more competitive than other Medicine courses.
Reply 3
Original post by nadim1052
as explained in title, what jobs are there that pay the most that dont require a medicine degree?

side question: if i dont study medicine at undergraduate, can I at postgraduate to get a medical job?

I dont want to come across as rude, but questions like what pay the most with the implied idea that this is what you may pick based on this factor alone, is a tad naive. It doesnt take in account your own skills, abilities or interests at all, all of which are far more relevant than salary endpoints.

Look at it this way, an astronaut pays more than a toilet cleaner, but based on rational statistics, you are more likely to be cleaning toilets than being an astronaut so you will never earn an astronaut's salary even if it is a lot higher. Getting random advice of what top 10 best paid jobs are does not really equate to what specific salary you may or may not earn, simply what others who have the specific interests, skills and abilities earn.

By all means think of money in your equations, but this should be at most held alongside your interests, not above or infront.

Take care,

Gerry

Quick Reply

Latest