The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Turnitin

Hello

i have submitted one of my essays and it was 2286 words on Turnitin link as it says that A Similarity Report is too hight and concerns have been raised regarding the 68% similarity score, 56% of which matches a paper previously submitted to university and i for one did not use previous or published work from university. so not sure what happing. This is the first time this happing to me and i am worried. Does anyone has any suggestions about this.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ikraan123
Hello

i have submitted one of my essays and it was 2286 words on Turnitin link as it says that A Similarity Report is too hight and concerns have been raised regarding the 68% similarity score, 56% of which matches a paper previously submitted to university and i for one did not use previous or published work from university. so not sure what happing. This is the first time this happing to me and i am worried. Does anyone has any suggestions about this.

If you can genuinely say you didn't plagiarise then don't panic. Speak to your library or student support so that you could perhaps paraphrase better in the future :smile:
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Did you reference properly?
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
If you can genuinely say you didn't plagiarise then don't panic. Speak to your library or student support so that you could perhaps paraphrase better in the future :smile:

Thank you i will do that definitely 😔
Reply 4
Original post by cupcakes87
Did you reference properly?

Yes, I have referenced also included all the reference links at the end of the essay!
Regardless if it was intentional or not, you will probably face consequences. 68% seems extraordinary for it to be just coincidental. Have you checked who's paper it matches and which passages are matched?
Reply 6
It sure does, I don't know whose paper it matches as the admins don't allow us to see it, they emailed me with a copy of my essay with the similarity score and letter of the allegation that says the essay is academic misconduct in the form of alleged plagiarism. the letter also says I required to respond, in writing, to this allegation within 7 days of the date of this letter. Once I response has been considered I may be required to attend a meeting and/or viva voce to establish the original source of any work submitted. This is so frustrating as I spend a lot of time doing it and now I don't know what to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending