The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I agree, Kashmir should be Independent.
Original post by Lemonsponge
I agree, Kashmir should be Independent.

Definitely! It would be a lot easier for everyone if it was independent
Kashmir is divided into two parts . One belongs to India and the other is in Pak. The portion of kashmir in Pak. Is known is POK or Pakisthan occupied kashmir.
Original post by Putudegr8
Kashmir is divided into two parts . One belongs to India and the other is in Pak. The portion of kashmir in Pak. Is known is POK or Pakisthan occupied kashmir.

If that was the case, then Indian’s would not be killing the Pakistanis within their province and nor would Pakistanis be doing the same to Indians. Kashmir isn’t free, it deserves to be. All this civil war is tearing the country apart. India and Pakistan should just leave Kashmir the **** alone.
Reply 5
Original post by Desi Knight
Kashmiri Muslims who don't want to live in India can GTFO to Pakistan. The land is ours and we won't give it up to anyone.

- A Dogra Hindu from Jammu

How terribly racist and Islamophobic of you. Are you some kind of alt-right, fascist or something? Don't you realise that diversity is strength, and that Muslims only ever enrich a nation?

I for one fully advocate open-borders and multiculturalism for Kashmir. Build bridges not walls.
Reply 6
Kashmiri Muslims who don't want to live in India can GTFO to Pakistan. The land is ours and we won't give it up to anyone.

- A Dogra Hindu from Jammu

If the majority of the people in the region want to be a member of a different sovereign nation, then they have a right to self determination. The land doesn't 'belong' to any country.
hmm, politics... it is more complicated than that.
Reply 8
Why don't they split it 50/50?
Reply 9
Give it to El Salvador instead, then everyone is happy :colone:
Original post by Wōden
How terribly racist and Islamophobic of you. Are you some kind of alt-right, fascist or something? Don't you realise that diversity is strength, and that Muslims only ever enrich a nation?

I for one fully advocate open-borders and multiculturalism for Kashmir. Build bridges not walls.

Kek

I was specifically referring to Kashmiri muslims not muslims in general.

Yeah I just wish that Kashmiri muslims were equally tolerant of us Hindus and hadn't stabbed my grandfather and kicked my family out of Kashmir. If this is multiculturalism then I want nothing to do with it.

http://www.indiandefencereview.com/news/kashmiri-pandits-offered-three-choices-by-radical-islamists/
Original post by Trapz99
If the majority of the people in the region want to be a member of a different sovereign nation, then they have a right to self determination. The land doesn't 'belong' to any country.

I don't care about your opinion.
I don't care about your opinion.

Because you know I'm right...
Kek

I was specifically referring to Kashmiri muslims not muslims in general.

Yeah I just wish that Kashmiri muslims were equally tolerant of us Hindus and hadn't stabbed my grandfather and kicked my family out of Kashmir. If this is multiculturalism then I want nothing to do with it.

http://www.indiandefencereview.com/news/kashmiri-pandits-offered-three-choices-by-radical-islamists/

Before the whole fight over Kashmir, Hindus and Muslims lived together peacefully. I hate listening to stories where a Kashmiri Hindu has killed a Kashmiri Muslim and vice versa, it’s so sad. Stories like this should raise protests to bring Kashmir together so that Hindu’s and Muslims can coexist and live together in harmony, but instead our governments and media blind us with hate which results in more killings.

You don’t have to hate us all, some of us Kashmiri muslim’s are lovely!
Original post by Putudegr8

Kashmir is actually controlled by three countries: China, India and Pakistan.
Kashmir outside how bow dat?
it should join the EU... i understand there is a vacancy shortly
Independence is not an option as Kashmir is small, landlocked and inhospitable. Furthermore, it's been divided for decades, and the Hindu Pandits who lived there were forced out in the 1980s/1990s.

Plus, the princely status of British India were allocated to whichever country they chose to accede to in 1947: India or Pakistan. The Maharajah of Kashmir at the time chose India, ergo it should be India's.

Pakistan's claim that Kashmir = Muslim majority so should be in Pakistan does not stand up to inspection. India is a country of all religions and already has nearly 200 million Muslims residing in it. Plus, given the chronic instability of Pakistan, it would not be beneficial for Kashmir's development.
HEY, Kashmir belongs to Pakistan and that't it. I don't care about anything else
Original post by Hammad(214508)
HEY, Kashmir belongs to Pakistan and that't it. I don't care about anything else

It does, but maybe it should just be independent.

Latest

Trending

Trending