The Student Room Group

a level history corusework

how would you structure this question for a level history coursework : 'Assess the impact of the war of the Bangladeshi liberation on India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh'. how would the introduction, main body and conclusion be structured? thank you!
I'm assuming you mean an exam question and I'd just like to say I do AQA so if that isn't your exam board this might not be the right structure for you.

Outline at least 3 things to talk about as your main argument like factors `or events, include at least one argument with counters the questions

Intro - set context, address key feature (yours is war), counter argument and judgement

write your main body paragraphs but no more than 4 to not limit your time in an exam, these should include your argument/factor/feature and how it relates to the question with exact evidence to back up your points

Judgement - answer the question using the specific wording of the question, treat this like a mini main body paragraph with some evidence but DO NOT add new evidence

all throughout you should be linking back to the question

hope this helps
Original post by FairyPeriapt
I'm assuming you mean an exam question and I'd just like to say I do AQA so if that isn't your exam board this might not be the right structure for you.

Outline at least 3 things to talk about as your main argument like factors `or events, include at least one argument with counters the questions

Intro - set context, address key feature (yours is war), counter argument and judgement

write your main body paragraphs but no more than 4 to not limit your time in an exam, these should include your argument/factor/feature and how it relates to the question with exact evidence to back up your points

Judgement - answer the question using the specific wording of the question, treat this like a mini main body paragraph with some evidence but DO NOT add new evidence

all throughout you should be linking back to the question

hope this helps
If it isn't an exam question and instead is an essay then I've included the Thematic structure I was given for my NEA

Intro
´ Set the context to the question
´Outline differing views
´Answer the question
´
Main argument

´Address the key feature in the question and argue using evidence how this relates to the question
´Include at least one historian and primary source to support or criticise this view
´
Counter argument

´Offer an alternative to the key feature in the question and argue using evidence how this relates to the question
´Include at least one historian or primary source to support or criticise this view

Judgement

´Answer the question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending