The Student Room Group

OCR Computer Science GCSE J276/01 + J276/02 [Exam Discussion]

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pretty nervous considering we haven't learnt a lot of stuff for theory yet due to wasting 20 hours on the useless NEA
Reply 2
Original post by ArslanA
Pretty nervous considering we haven't learnt a lot of stuff for theory yet due to wasting 20 hours on the useless NEA

It's so awful. My teacher has spent the last few months drilling the same pieces of paper 1 into us and in the process leaving us to fend for ourselves on the vast majority of paper 2.
Has there been much drama with the grade boundaries at your school? Ours has been having a bit of a mental breakdown about the low grades we're all getting in the mocks (which are the same specimen paper over and OVER).
Original post by phanson1
How are you all feeling about the exams?

Terrible, but I'm sure I can pull through.
Reply 4
Original post by IWantIPods
Terrible, but I'm sure I can pull through.

What kind of grade do you think you're going to aim for?
Reply 5
Fyi, I bought a summary booklet the other day covering the bare-minimum elements of the course. Message me if you'd like the pdf.
Hello there. I'm not worried about paper 1 because I almost remember the majority off the top of my head, but paper 2 I'm terrible at and don't know about, only know converting binary to deary and vice versa, bit on sql, and algorithms, but I'm terrible at it overall.
Reply 7
Original post by Iahmed512
Hello there. I'm not worried about paper 1 because I almost remember the majority off the top of my head, but paper 2 I'm terrible at and don't know about, only know converting binary to deary and vice versa, bit on sql, and algorithms, but I'm terrible at it overall.

Realised the other day how much I didn’t know from paper 2- swear we’ve never learnt about IDEs and iteration & terminal testing 🙃
Realised the other day how much I didn’t know from paper 2- swear we’ve never learnt about IDEs and iteration & terminal testing 🙃

That's just the simple theory, I've been taught the theory but still don't understand it all and find it hard, I still don't get converting from and to hexadecimal, pseudocode and more. ,
Reply 9
Nope, our teacher is making us mock papers, don't know where from, or how accurate they are. According to them I've been getting 8/9's...
Original post by ArslanA
Nope, our teacher is making us mock papers, don't know where from, or how accurate they are. According to them I've been getting 8/9's...

Is he actually making custom ones or giving practice paper sets. Him making his own makes it less accurate, but if he included the hardest ever questions ever then it would still be inaccurate because it would mean you will do better if you've got a high mark
Surely I'm not the only one that finds unit 1 really difficult to learn. It's all gibberish to me. Luckily the course isn't too large.
Original post by IWantIPods
Surely I'm not the only one that finds unit 1 really difficult to learn. It's all gibberish to me. Luckily the course isn't too large.

I find paper 2 really hard and confusing.
Reply 13
I find paper 2 really hard and confusing.

I definitely find paper 2 worse than 1. That said, the monster ethical issues question always catches me out.
I definitely find paper 2 worse than 1. That said, the monster ethical issues question always catches me out.

Yeah sometimes with certain questions you can say the obvious, but with others you can't, sometimes I haven't managed to think of something and when I have they aren't good points.
Reply 15
Yeah sometimes with certain questions you can say the obvious, but with others you can't, sometimes I haven't managed to think of something and when I have they aren't good points.

What do you think it’s going to be about? My teacher and a few others have money on it- he reckons it’ll be centred around Alexa (or something along those lines).
What do you think it’s going to be about? My teacher and a few others have money on it- he reckons it’ll be centred around Alexa (or something along those lines).

No idea, if it was a question like that it would be easy as long as you explain questions well and structure it well, I guess you could argue that with a lot of one's, there are some hard ones but I can't think of much, robots as carers, online vs retail, but I don't know how hard it would be as they might not always credit marks for obvious answers, you might have to be more technical.
I'm going to have to cram.
Original post by hugebrain
I'm going to have to cram.

Same but more for paper 2, and for the rest of paper 1 I haven't revised(Unit 1.6-1.8),
Fyi, I bought a summary booklet the other day covering the bare-minimum elements of the course. Message me if you'd like the pdf.

Hi, I would really appreciate if you would send me the pdf!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending