The Student Room Group

Edexcel French Writing - Last Minute Tips / Ideas

The exam's tomorrow!!! :afraid:

If you have any advice / tips / extra bits of vocab / translation strategies etc. for everyone then feel free to post it below!

Good luck for tomorrow! It's the last one for French! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Don't have any tips I'm afraid (only in year 10) but I will say a huge good luck to you! Make sure to get a good nights sleep ready for the exam :smile:
Mines tomorrow too I’m revising key words for past future and present tense as that’s what gives you the higher grades and it is what the examiner is looking for also revise your French speaking paragraph.
Reply 3
Original post by Amzo_princess
Mines tomorrow too I’m revising key words for past future and present tense as that’s what gives you the higher grades and it is what the examiner is looking for also revise your French speaking paragraph.

Cool. I'm revising verbs and as much vocab from the environment :devil3:why is it even a thing?! So that I'm prepared to do a translation on it. Revising my speaking paragraphs sounds like a good idea!

Original post by Racsoix
Don't have any tips I'm afraid (only in year 10) but I will say a huge good luck to you! Make sure to get a good nights sleep ready for the exam :smile:

Thanks! :biggrin: At least you're not the guinea pig year! Hopefully your French studies are going well!
Reply 4
Original post by JoeyTanaka
Thanks! :biggrin: At least you're not the guinea pig year! Hopefully your French studies are going well!

Haha I feel bad for you guys being the first to sit the new spec... thanks though for being the guinea pigs! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Racsoix
Haha I feel bad for you guys being the first to sit the new spec... thanks though for being the guinea pigs! :biggrin:

No worries! :s-smilie: Some people would have to do it...
Reply 6
As you said, learn your verbs, they will be crucial for success in the paper. Going over any thematic paragraphs you created for your oral exam will also be good, because you basically need to just write what you spoke in this component. My French teacher also strongly advised our class to make sure we have an absolutely perfect understanding of our tenses because they are absolutely fundamental to answering the question appropriately. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest