The Student Room Group

My GCSE study blog 2024!!😼🎀

Hi!

I’ve browsed the student room for a while now but I’ve never actually had an account, im quite new to this if you can’t tell so I apologise if I make any mistakes LMAO!

Anyways back to the topic at hand, I’ve started revision since mid November of last year and it’s just recently hit me that the GCSEs are actually so close 🥲. I’ve never really been great at buckling down and grinding but for some reason ever since I started year 11 I’ve been a study freak?? I’m not sure, although I do have trouble staying motivated sometimes and I also have slight issues with procrastination so I thought I would post daily updates here to keep myself on track.
Anyway enough of that here’s the subjects I do and the grades I got this week from my February Mocks, they were really harsh with marking this time for some reason so😭

Mathematics(edexcel): 9
English literature (AQA): 9
English language (AQA): 9
Business (edexcel): 9
History (edexcel): 9
RS (edexcel): 9
French (edexcel): 5
Combined Science(AQA): 8-8

I was honestly kinda upset with science cuz I got a 9-9 last time, of course it’s still good and I don’t mean to be obnoxious. French…💀💀 don’t even ask, the average grade was a 4/5 because a lot of people (ngl me too😭) flopped their speaking exam & we did listening in the hall (I COULDN’T EVEN HEAR IT🙁🙁), I know im capable of getting higher in French so any tips are welcome!

I really hope I can maintain these grades and do even better in the real exam, and without further ado, let the grind begin‼️
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
16/3/2024

History - finish content Cromwell
RS - finish info sheets for 1 topic in Christianity
RS - Marriage and the family, make Knowledge organiser
English lit - Macbeth ACT 4 finish quote analysis
French writing practice

Extra time: Maths paper 2 exam practice

END
heya @unequivocal i have moved this to 'grow your grades' as you've basically made a study blog :biggrin:! welcome to the family :smile: if you want you can rename the title to make your study blog a bit more clarified! love that you're doing this - good luck with your tasks <3
Reply 3
Original post by emm4nuella
heya @unequivocal i have moved this to 'grow your grades' as you've basically made a study blog :biggrin:! welcome to the family :smile: if you want you can rename the title to make your study blog a bit more clarified! love that you're doing this - good luck with your tasks <3

Thank you!! As I said I’m a bit bad at this😭 and if it helps I definitely don’t mind changing the title, but what to?
Original post by unequivocal
Thank you!! As I said I’m a bit bad at this😭 and if it helps I definitely don’t mind changing the title, but what to?
you're not bad!! you can change it to 'unequivocal's gcse prep 2024' - whatever you want tbh!
Heyyy
Its good to see another gcse gyg so ofc I'll be following along with your journey xx
Here is my GYG https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7398188&p=99261708&page=10#post99261708 and I'll tag some people who might be interested in yours (they also have amazing GYGs) @milktee @Trickia @AspiringSurvivor @Tatakae L

Good luck with your revision grind 💪
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi!
I’ve browsed the student room for a while now but I’ve never actually had an account, im quite new to this if you can’t tell so I apologise if I make any mistakes LMAO!
Anyways back to the topic at hand, I’ve started revision since mid November of last year and it’s just recently hit me that the GCSEs are actually so close 🥲. I’ve never really been great at buckling down and grinding but for some reason ever since I started year 11 I’ve been a study freak?? I’m not sure, although I do have trouble staying motivated sometimes and I also have slight issues with procrastination so I thought I would post daily updates here to keep myself on track.
Anyway enough of that here’s the subjects I do and the grades I got this week from my February Mocks, they were really harsh with marking this time for some reason so😭
Mathematics(edexcel): 9
English literature (AQA): 9
English language (AQA): 9
Business (edexcel): 9
History (edexcel): 9
RS (edexcel): 9
French (edexcel): 5
Combined Science(AQA): 8-8
I was honestly kinda upset with science cuz I got a 9-9 last time, of course it’s still good and I don’t mean to be obnoxious. French…💀💀 don’t even ask, the average grade was a 4/5 because a lot of people (ngl me too😭) flopped their speaking exam & we did listening in the hall (I COULDN’T EVEN HEAR IT🙁🙁), I know im capable of getting higher in French so any tips are welcome!
I really hope I can maintain these grades and do even better in the real exam, and without further ado, let the grind begin‼️
Hiyaa, Welcome to gyg and I am going to be lurking around and following your journery. I hope you smash your exams.

Here is my gyg if you are interested Tatakae L's GYG Journey - The Student Room.

and thank you @agent_duck343 my love
Original post by Tatakae L
Hiyaa, Welcome to gyg and I am going to be lurking around and following your journery. I hope you smash your exams.
Here is my gyg if you are interested Tatakae L's GYG Journey - The Student Room.
and thank you @agent_duck343 my love
Ofc🩶
Reply 8
Original post by agent_duck343
Heyyy
Its good to see another gcse gyg so ofc I'll be following along with your journey xx
Here is my GYG https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7398188&p=99261708&page=10#post99261708 and I'll tag some people who might be interested in yours (they also have amazing GYGs) @milktee @Trickia @AspiringSurvivor @Tatakae L
Thanks for the tag xx
And welcome to gyg, will be here throughout your journey 🎉🤗
Original post by Trickia
Thanks for the tag xx
And welcome to gyg, will be here throughout your journey 🎉🤗
Ofcc🩶
Original post by agent_duck343
Heyyy
Thanks for the tag!!!!
Following you- also those are some amazing predicted grades!
Back

Sunday - rest day

Monday (18/3)-

RE Christianity
Biology work set by teach
Business exam practice
2 business Mindmaps
Business Seneca
Maths Paper 1 exam practice
(edited 1 month ago)
Back
Sunday - rest day
Monday (18/3)-
RE Christianity
Biology work set by teach
Business exam practice
2 business Mindmaps
Business Seneca
Maths Paper 1 exam practice
slayyy - well done :biggrin:
slayyy - well done :biggrin:

TYY! Lmfao this is reminds me of my history teacher , she’s been obsessed with saying “slayy!” recently 😭🩷🩷
Yesterday 19/3

English lit
Maths paper 1

(Didn’t do much bc we got our English lit & lang papers frm the mock and n in wanted to go through them!
Ps I bugged my maths teacher to give me my maths paper 3 score 🤫)
TYY! Lmfao this is reminds me of my history teacher , she’s been obsessed with saying “slayy!” recently 😭🩷🩷
history teacher?!
history teacher?!

YEAH LMAO When I got my mock results back she said EXACTLY WHAT U SAKD LMFAOOO “slayyy well done [my name] Shes super sweet tho!! 🫶🏽
Update: it’s Easter holidays for us now! So I’m changing up my revision

So Ive decided to revise in order that we have out exams, and I’m going to be learning in chunks of days so that I can get more in depth revision! (I’m not sure how else to word it but you’ll understand soon enough😭)

My first three exams (excluding French speaking exam in April ) is:

Thursday 9th May: Re paper 1 (Christianity)

Friday 10th May: Biology Paper 1

Monday 13th May: English lit paper 1 (Macbeth / Jekyll & Hyde)

So those are the three I’m going to be revising till Friday of this week before I move on business and history

I’ll update around every 2 days when I change the subjects I’m revising

Ciao!
So Ive decided to revise in order that we have out exams, and I’m going to be learning in chunks of days so that I can get more in depth revision! (I’m not sure how else to word it but you’ll understand soon enough😭)
So those are the three I’m going to be revising till Friday of this week before I move on business and history
Ciao!

Easter holidays already, i am very jealous! I hope your revision goes well
Ciao!

Holidays already lucky😭
Hope the plan works out and that you are v productuve😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending