english language paper 1 question 5 Watch

shumile
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
someone tell me how would i write a description for english language paper 1 question 5 , like what would i need to do to get a grade 9 and do you have any examples?
the_nshoesmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shumile)
someone tell me how would i write a description for english language paper 1 question 5 , like what would i need to do to get a grade 9 and do you have any examples?
Hi,

It might be worth checking out this thread from a few months back https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4609192

Of course, no one really knows but here is what the mark scheme for AQA says if you can decode it...
Spoiler:
Show

Content
 Register is convincing and compelling for audience
 Assuredly matched to purpose
 Extensive and ambitious vocabulary with sustained crafting of linguistic devices

Organisation
 Varied and inventive use of structural features
 Writing is compelling, incorporating a range of convincing and complex ideas
 Fluently linked paragraphs with seamlessly integrate discourse markers

Technical Accuracy

 Sentence demarcation is consistently secure and consistently accurate
 Wide range of punctuation is used with a high level of accuracy
 Uses a full range of appropriate sentence forms for effect
 Uses Standard English consistently and appropriately with secure control of complex grammatical structures
 High level of accuracy in spelling, including ambitious vocabulary
 Extensive and ambitious use of vocabulary

This video might also be worth a watch;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaEJ-HVpl9g

Remember, you could also get the option to write a narrative, which may or may not be easier.

Any other questions, check out the English Language thread - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4751998&p=71849 888
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i sturggle to write but i hvave the ideas can u gve me tips please
jess cookery
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 214235)
i sturggle to write but i hvave the ideas can u gve me tips please
Try to start off with a real hook to grab the reader's attention and make sure to start off according to your plan. For instance, if you wanted a dramatic start you could start off with some simple sentences to really make the reader wonder. Or if you'd rather go with a subtle start use contrasting metaphors and then perhaps you could have a dramatic twist on the next paragraph.

Some tips I would give you is to try and link your paragraphs to ideas you have previously mentioned in your last paragraph as then you can further develop your ideas and the flow of the story/description will be much better.

Also if you are writing a descriptive piece try to use many language techniques as that will gain you a lot more marks and it will make the story/description more interesting to read. If you are ever in awe of what language techniques/devices you could use then you can follow this acronym for any extra additional techniques: 5(5 senses)A(alliteration)M(metaphor )P(personification)E(emotive language)R(rule of three)O(onomatopoeia) + A(adverb)V(verb)A(adjective)N(no un) = 5SAMPERO + AVAN. Of course, they aren't the only techniques but I find this an easy acronym to remember and it can be very useful!

I hope I've helped even the slightest, good luck in your writing!
JoshuaRussell16
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shumile)
watch Mr.bruff
talise.2625
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you doing it with Edexcel, AQA or what board?
Uknown-bristol
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I could get you exactly 40 marks and how to cheat on paper 1 question 5 but I don’t want to tell anyone because all of you will end up doing so well and the grade boundaries will change higher. As I’m already failing the question 4. But let me tell you something I’m not even revising for question 5 at all. Ill tell you the little secret on 5 June.
Chand21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey , can you please give the top on questions 5 please!!!!!!
mkavusi29
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Bro, My exam is Tommorow could you tell me?
talise.2625
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
who's excited for tomorrow? lmfao.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
talise.2625
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
btw, is anyone else only taking one paper ? I'm only taking the Edexcel English paper tomorrow as I did coursework, so only need to do one paper instead of two loll
gcsescreweduno
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
bro what
(Original post by Uknown-bristol)
I could get you exactly 40 marks and how to cheat on paper 1 question 5 but I don’t want to tell anyone because all of you will end up doing so well and the grade boundaries will change higher. As I’m already failing the question 4. But let me tell you something I’m not even revising for question 5 at all. Ill tell you the little secret on 5 June.
Gloriehole
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
bro why would you bother posting this comment :/
exams_6700
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by talise.2625)
btw, is anyone else only taking one paper ? I'm only taking the Edexcel English paper tomorrow as I did coursework, so only need to do one paper instead of two loll
I'm doing one, but i haven't done any cousework
Anything works
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Bro please... Can you just give me an essay idea for section c? ;-;
exams_6700
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Whats section C?
(Original post by Anything works)
Bro please... Can you just give me an essay idea for section c? ;-;
mkavusi29
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I had my exam and i Messed up my paper 1 😢 I did question 5 that had 5 paragraphs, I did question 1 and did question 4 with 2 paragraphs and had no time to do q2 and q3 even though I know what to do?
Question 5 took me so much time!
talise.2625
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mkavusi29)
I had my exam and i Messed up my paper 1 😢 I did question 5 that had 5 paragraphs, I did question 1 and did question 4 with 2 paragraphs and had no time to do q2 and q3 even though I know what to do?
Question 5 took me so much time!
Di your teacher not teach you to split the questions up in time ? so like 15 minutes for one and 30 for another etc
mkavusi29
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sh
mkavusi29
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No they didn’t?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (306)
15.18%
The paper was reasonable (1112)
55.16%
Not feeling great about that exam... (439)
21.78%
It was TERRIBLE (159)
7.89%

Watched Threads