The Student Room Group

Aqa Geography Model 6 mark Response help

Does anybody have a perfect paragraph or full Mark response for a 6 or 9 mark question in Aqa geography I can study
Original post by CasterSugar
Does anybody have a perfect paragraph or full Mark response for a 6 or 9 mark question in Aqa geography I can study

Hi, I haven't got a full mark response as I can't scan the work in but to get full marks, you need to read the question and highlight the command word i.e. "assess" or "evaluate" or "to what extent". Then, the structure of the 9 markers is the three O's: One one hand; On the other hand; Overall. For each side, must have one clear point and make sure it is clearly developed as examiners look for explanation behind your points. Depending on the command word and the question, the three O's can be used in 6 markers but sometimes it isn't appropriate for the answer such as if the command word is "explain" or "describe". ALWAYS CONCLUDE, you won't get full marks on the 9 markers without it. Hopefully this helps you and i hope the exam goes well and am I cos i can't do any Paper 2 stuff. Good luck xx
Thank you it's just I know the content I just end up splatting everything I know down and overwrite by a lot I would say paper 2 is the worse content isn't that difficult it's just a lot more boring than storms and disastrers I would say glaciation is awful on paper 1 though but beaches is good
Original post by roosy
Hi, I haven't got a full mark response as I can't scan the work in but to get full marks, you need to read the question and highlight the command word i.e. "assess" or "evaluate" or "to what extent". Then, the structure of the 9 markers is the three O's: One one hand; On the other hand; Overall. For each side, must have one clear point and make sure it is clearly developed as examiners look for explanation behind your points. Depending on the command word and the question, the three O's can be used in 6 markers but sometimes it isn't appropriate for the answer such as if the command word is "explain" or "describe". ALWAYS CONCLUDE, you won't get full marks on the 9 markers without it. Hopefully this helps you and i hope the exam goes well and am I cos i can't do any Paper 2 stuff. Good luck xx
Original post by CasterSugar
Thank you it's just I know the content I just end up splatting everything I know down and overwrite by a lot I would say paper 2 is the worse content isn't that difficult it's just a lot more boring than storms and disastrers I would say glaciation is awful on paper 1 though but beaches is good

Honestly, uk economic changes is boring as hell but i get by it, and for me, it helps to create a table in my head of the two sides of the argument as it helps me organise it better and if you splatter everything down, the examiner, who has a lot of scripts to mark, won't be that generous in giving marks as its all over the place but if you structure it neatly and the organisation is good then they will find it easier to give you marks because the marks are clear. I'm glad not to be doing glaciers or anything to do with cold environments as hot environments, rivers and coasts are more entertaining(THEY ARE NOT) and easier to understand

Quick Reply

Latest