The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Mathematics: Statistics S1 6683 01 - 13 June 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PixieDust_00
Let's hope so. Hey, if you need notes and points to be aware of in S1, you can check my uploads. I'm gonna start leaving notes here for me and you guys just in case you need a reminder of important things and details while solving that you may totally forget.

Hey can you please please upload the notes as S1 is my last exam left and I am very very unprepared and need to remind myself of all the formulas and different stuff.

THank you sooo muchh!!
Ah exam solutions is literally the best! However can I have someone good in statistics help me out and I can help them in little steps in between questions, like I get the central idea of the answer but certain steps in between hinder me, if you do please message me! :smile:
Original post by Lawlerfhfbdj
the recent years have venn diagram which has a circle inside a circle(idk the exact name). I find them alright but want to have more practice. Any links to questions like this ? Thanks.

honestly, I have no idea :O

Original post by rimsha14
Hey can you please please upload the notes as S1 is my last exam left and I am very very unprepared and need to remind myself of all the formulas and different stuff.

THank you sooo muchh!!

I got so deep into chemistry, I started slacking in maths. The notes are also hard copies. Doesn't TSR allow uploading pictures?
Reply 23
Do you guys think it will be hard? Surely it can't be harder then last year
I got so deep into chemistry, I started slacking in maths. The notes are also hard copies. Doesn't TSR allow uploading pictures?

Yes i think TSR does allow because I have seen people uploading pics.
Original post by rimsha14
Yes i think TSR does allow because I have seen people uploading pics.

me too, but only in posts
image-849cfbfd-384c-4d83-938e-7a75872bc99b8645212797100447973-compressed.jpg.jpeg
i just tried doing with my phone and it works
me too, but only in posts

check the above post
I HATE probability toooo !!!

I hate probability xD Just felt like sharing that hahaahahha! Anyone else?If anyone needs help, I'd suggest the solomon papers (you'll find them on the physicsandmathstutor website. I solved most of the C1 solomon papers and solved maybe 2 C2 solomon papers and got an A in C12. Worth a shot lovelies xox
Reply 29
Does anybody have comprehensive S1 revision material they wouldn't mind sharing? Like some good typed notes which don't have a bunch of the extra unnecessary detail you find on the resources online or in the book.
I am absolutely f_cked x
Anyone know why the grade boundaries are so low ( around 60 for 80 UMS) ... (not complaining :biggrin:)? Is S1 considered a difficult module?
Reply 31
This paper better be easier than the 2017 becuase if they make it harder..... RIIIIIPPPPPPP TOO MAAAA LIFFFEEE
hey guys can someone help me with this pls?

If we have a certain coding say for example w=(x-20)/1000
the sum of w=258 and the number of values were say 7
we also have Sww=6254 and we want Sxx.
how do we find Sxx?
Original post by IGCSEsurvivor
hey guys can someone help me with this pls?

If we have a certain coding say for example w=(x-20)/1000
the sum of w=258 and the number of values were say 7
we also have Sww=6254 and we want Sxx.
how do we find Sxx?

So adding in coding doesn’t affect Sxx but for you’d have to times by 1000 squared, where as Swx you would only need to times Sxx by 1000
can anyone help me out i have a problem with histograms i dont know how to solve them when the y axis is not labelled please ASAP
looking forward to the paper. been getting above 70s
Any questions that are likely to come up/ haven't come up in a while?
i have like 7 hours to study for the whole exam... joy
Reply 38
Original post by bluenotewitt
Any questions that are likely to come up/ haven't come up in a while?

Histograms
Reply 39
Original post by haya.nasser
i have like 7 hours to study for the whole exam... joy

The exam is on wednesdayyy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending