The Student Room Group

I've got a theory here, guys.

So we're learning about evidence for the big bang and all that in physics at the moment, and I'm not a fan. Don't like the whole oh yes everything comes from somewhere except this tiny pinhead of a hot ball which is just always there and never came from anywhere ya know.

My theory, is that our universe is sort of like a galaxy in some bigger universe. Maybe we did expand from some pinhead sized thing, but what if that pinhead is part of a bigger universe where there are multiple of these smaller universes collapsing and expanding and moving all the time.

What do you guys think? Is there even any evidence for a theory like this such as stars of galaxies in our own universe doing a similar thing?
Get a PHD and prove this pls
Reply 2
there is some evidence for the multiverse. The maths seems the allow such a possibility and some say that the abnormal cold spot (forgot what It was called) in our observable universe could be the boundary where two universes meet. (BTW I am not an expert)
Reply 3
Original post by SamMed
there is some evidence for the multiverse. The maths seems the allow such a possibility and some say that the abnormal cold spot (forgot what It was called) in our observable universe could be the boundary where two universes meet. (BTW I am not an expert)

oh yeesss, my theory has some minor backing to it. This is good good news
Reply 4
Original post by i cAnT tHinK
So we're learning about evidence for the big bang and all that in physics at the moment, and I'm not a fan. Don't like the whole oh yes everything comes from somewhere except this tiny pinhead of a hot ball which is just always there and never came from anywhere ya know.

My theory, is that our universe is sort of like a galaxy in some bigger universe. Maybe we did expand from some pinhead sized thing, but what if that pinhead is part of a bigger universe where there are multiple of these smaller universes collapsing and expanding and moving all the time.

What do you guys think? Is there even any evidence for a theory like this such as stars of galaxies in our own universe doing a similar thing?
1. It's a "hypothesis" not a "theory".
2. That is not what the Big Band theory claims.
3. It sounds like your idea is not dissimilar to multiverse and/or cyclical universe hypotheses.
Reply 5
Original post by i cAnT tHinK
oh yeesss, my theory has some minor backing to it. This is good good news
Repeating existing ideas is not "backing for your theory".
Reply 6
Original post by QE2
Repeating existing ideas is not "backing for your theory".

let's chill here, I have little (no) evidence for this whole thing. I'm aware it's not too scientific (really not at all) and I'm mainly just joking around, throwing out ideas I have and oversimplifying the current theories along with realising my idea kinda relates to other ideas that already exist
Reply 7
A fortuitously apt username.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending