The Student Room Group

Geography 2019 - Applicants' Thread

Geography
2019 Applicants Thread

Welcome to the 2019 Geography Applicants Thread! This is a discussion thread for those of you applying to Geography courses for 2019 Entry.

You may want to leave your details here using the following format:

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I guess I’ll start!
I’m applying to Durham, Edinburgh, Exeter and Queens for Geography, and Cardiff for Marine Geography.
AS Levels; English Lit, Bio, Geog, History
AAAA
A2; predicted A*A*A in English, geog and bio
(edited 5 years ago)
Okayyyy
I do Maths, Chemistry, Geography and EPQ, and am predicted A*AA*A respectively. (I really should have written those in a different order so it would say A*A*AA instead, but there you go)
I have applied to Oxford, Bristol, Edinburgh, UCL and Manchester for Geography, but I've received no offers yet.
Super super nervous ahhhh
Original post by megbulpitt
Okayyyy
I do Maths, Chemistry, Geography and EPQ, and am predicted A*AA*A respectively. (I really should have written those in a different order so it would say A*A*AA instead, but there you go)
I have applied to Oxford, Bristol, Edinburgh, UCL and Manchester for Geography, but I've received no offers yet.
Super super nervous ahhhh

ahh! i'm applying for oxford too at st. annes :s-smilie: - what college are you?
Original post by 123sofology
ahh! i'm applying for oxford too at st. annes :s-smilie: - what college are you?

For me it was either between annes or catz, but in the end I went for catz! Where else have you applied?
For me it was either between annes or catz, but in the end I went for catz! Where else have you applied?

Ahh! my friend has also applied for geog at catz! i've also applied for Edinburgh, Durham (st. johns), Birmingham and Manchester. What about you?
Ahh! my friend has also applied for geog at catz! i've also applied for Edinburgh, Durham (st. johns), Birmingham and Manchester. What about you?

Aha that's so strange, I don't know anyone applying for geog anywhere other than me atm. Have you received any offers yet? I put my options above but they're Oxford, Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh and UCL.
Aha that's so strange, I don't know anyone applying for geog anywhere other than me atm. Have you received any offers yet? I put my options above but they're Oxford, Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh and UCL.

I know quite a few people at my school are applying for Geography, but only 1 other is applying for Oxbridge. I've heard Bristol, Leeds, Newcastle, Glasgow and Birmingham have begun to give out offers! I've got none so far - scary! i ustj want to get one offer so i feel safe ahah!
I know quite a few people at my school are applying for Geography, but only 1 other is applying for Oxbridge. I've heard Bristol, Leeds, Newcastle, Glasgow and Birmingham have begun to give out offers! I've got none so far - scary! i ustj want to get one offer so i feel safe ahah!

Ahhhh scary- I got my first one (from Manchester) yesterday. Wishing you all the best of luck!! I feel a tiny bit calmer after getting one aha, so I hope you get one soon.
Ahhhh scary- I got my first one (from Manchester) yesterday. Wishing you all the best of luck!! I feel a tiny bit calmer after getting one aha, so I hope you get one soon.

Congrats on Manchester!!! their course looks so good! Best of luck to you too!!!
Hi everyone,
I have already done my A levels and I did Geography, Biology, Maths and Chemistry. I got A*AAB respectively.
I have applied to Oxford (St Johns), Imperial (Earth and Planetary Science), UCL, Bristol and St Andrews.
Offers so far are unconditional from Bristol, UCL and St Andrews.
I've had an interview at Imperial and have received an invite to interview from Oxford.
Good luck :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Nicole Xiao
Hey Guys!
I am applying to Oxford, Durham, UCL, LSE and Manchester for Geography (BA)

Predicted: A*AA
GSSE: 7A* 99 in maths and further maths (I'm Chinese so didn't do English.. )

Have any of you guys got offers yet?

Hi! I haven’t heard from any unis yet as I submitted on Monday 15th Oct lol! What college at Oxford and Durham are you applying to?
Hello everybody!
I applied to UCL, KCL, Nottingham, Leeds and Royal Holloway on the 8th of October.
I've already received an offer from KCL (AAB) and Royal Holloway (Unconditional if firm or ABB).
I'm doing Geography, French and RS with predicted grades of AAA
GCSES: 3 8s, 7 As, 1 B

Good luck everybody!
Hi! I haven’t heard from any unis yet as I submitted on Monday 15th Oct lol! What college at Oxford and Durham are you applying to?

Worcester and University College 😊
I take IB so 37 pts predicted or AAA if converted to Alevel equivalent with geo, spanish and business at HL
Applying for BA Geography
Application sent the 11/10
Achnowledgement received from all
I’ve applied to Durham, Exeter, Bristol, UCL and York (Offer received for 35 pts on the 18/10)
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi everyone!
I've applied to LSE, UCL, Oxford, Durham and St. Andrews
IGCSE: 6A* 1A
I'm frm HK so i'm not taking A-levels
I haven't received any offer yet

Has anyone received an offer frm any one of the universities above?

Best of luck!!
Hey everyone! Nice to see a thread has been set up.
I've applied to LSE, UCL, KCL, Edinburgh, and Nottingham for Geography (BA)
My predicted grades are A*A*A in geography, biology, and maths.
I've received no offers yet and sent in my application on the 11/10/18
Good luck everyone.
Reply 17
I've been looking for a geography applicants thread yayy
I've applied for Oxford, Durham, Bristol, Manchester and Sheffield predicted A*AA in Geography, history and english lit.
I've got offers from Bristol, Manchester and Sheffield!
6 A*'s and 5 A's at GSCE
Original post by Michelle08
Hello everybody!
I applied to UCL, KCL, Nottingham, Leeds and Royal Holloway on the 8th of October.
I've already received an offer from KCL (AAB) and Royal Holloway (Unconditional if firm or ABB).
I'm doing Geography, French and RS with predicted grades of AAA
GCSES: 3 8s, 7 As, 1 B

Good luck everybody!

Got an offer from Leeds of AAA on the 22nd of October! Just waiting on Nottingham and UCL now
Hi, I've posted in the "fastest/slowest" offers thread, but found the homeland of geography here. Any questions please don't hesitate to ask!
For insight, I got for GCSEs: 1A*, 7A, 1B, 2 '8's and 1 '7'.
My predicted grades for Geography, History and Geology are A*AA

University of Cambridge (Jesus College), BA Geography
Applied: 21/09/18
University Acknowledgement: 23/09/18
College Acknowledgement: 1/10/18
Offer/Rejection: Rejection

UCL, BA Geography (International)
Acknowledgement: 25/09/18
OFFER: 25/10/18 AAA

University of Manchester, BA Geography with International Study
Acknowledgement: 11/10/18
OFFER: 12/10/18 AAA

King's College London, BA Geography
Acknowledgement: 27/09/18
OFFER: 17/10/18 AAB

University of Leeds, BA Geography
Acknowledgement: ...(offer but no acknowledgement)
OFFER: 19/10/18 AAA

Good luck with all your applications!
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending