The Student Room Group

Ey apprenticeship 2019

Hi,
I applied for an EY apprenticeship and have just completed stage 3, but my the feedback on my numerical skills weren’t very good. I am a bit disappointed as I take alevel maths and enjoy problem solving and thought my numerical skills were quite good. But I have never been taught or experienced how to work out some of the things they were asking. I was wondering if there was any possibility I could still get an offer to the next round. Casey

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Casey711
Hi,
I applied for an EY apprenticeship and have just completed stage 3, but my the feedback on my numerical skills weren’t very good. I am a bit disappointed as I take alevel maths and enjoy problem solving and thought my numerical skills were quite good. But I have never been taught or experienced how to work out some of the things they were asking. I was wondering if there was any possibility I could still get an offer to the next round. Casey

I completed Stage 3 a couple of weeks ago and still waiting for the next stage. How do you mean wasnt very good? My feedback wasnt outstanding but i wouldn't say it was shocking. Was basically a "some of these skills need practice" kind of thing. My EY Apprenticeship account has changed to Stage 4 but it does say that doesnt necessarily mean i've passed Stage 3 and to wait for an email.
I got rejected from EY however, my feedback was all extremely positive for stage 3 so quite confused.
Reply 3
Original post by VanillaRadio91
I completed Stage 3 a couple of weeks ago and still waiting for the next stage. How do you mean wasnt very good? My feedback wasnt outstanding but i wouldn't say it was shocking. Was basically a "some of these skills need practice" kind of thing. My EY Apprenticeship account has changed to Stage 4 but it does say that doesnt necessarily mean i've passed Stage 3 and to wait for an email.

It said in the feedback that it appears that I find numerical skills challenging, which I was a bit disappointed by, as I take alevel maths and enjoy problem solving
Original post by mrpepesman
I got rejected from EY however, my feedback was all extremely positive for stage 3 so quite confused.

Sorry to hear that - that is strange. If you don't mind me asking, how soon after completing the Stage 3 assessment did they let you know?
I found out one week after but after I completed stage 3 the email said that I would find out after the 15th which is when the application deadline is. The feedback said my communication very good and that my maths was excellent so very surprised :/
I completed stage 3 yesterday and thought I did very well including with the webcam part. However, I received an email today to say I've been unsuccessful and to read the feedback. Mine also says I could improve on my numerical parts. I'm going to challenge them on this though and see if they give me another chance hopefully
Original post by saifrulz08
I completed stage 3 yesterday and thought I did very well including with the webcam part. However, I received an email today to say I've been unsuccessful and to read the feedback. Mine also says I could improve on my numerical parts. I'm going to challenge them on this though and see if they give me another chance hopefully

Let me know the outcome of this please bro - I tried this and was unsuccessful
Let me know the outcome of this please bro - I tried this and was unsuccessful

Ok so I just got off the phone with them and they said there's nothing they can do even though I was experiencing problems with my computer crashing. Apparently if I contacted them out of hours they could've reset the stage I was on but I don't see how that's possible. They did however say I was free to apply in January when the toles they didn't fill will be advertised again but not sure how likely this is considering how popular this apprenticeship actually is but we'll see
Original post by saifrulz08
Ok so I just got off the phone with them and they said there's nothing they can do even though I was experiencing problems with my computer crashing. Apparently if I contacted them out of hours they could've reset the stage I was on but I don't see how that's possible. They did however say I was free to apply in January when the toles they didn't fill will be advertised again but not sure how likely this is considering how popular this apprenticeship actually is but we'll see

That's unfortunate bro, the same happened to me but none of my feedback was negative... Which area did you apply for?
That's unfortunate bro, the same happened to me but none of my feedback was negative... Which area did you apply for?

Wow that's very surprising to hear. Maybe they ran out of places and that was the only way to let you off? I wish they'd be more communicative though. I applied for Transactions at Manchester
Just finished Stage 3 for restructuring in London... now my portal seems to have wiped my application and is telling me to register my interest as applications have closed. How long did it take to receive feedback from stage 3?
(Original post by seanagh998)Just finished Stage 3 for restructuring in London... now my portal seems to have wiped my application and is telling me to register my interest as applications have closed. How long did it take to receive feedback from stage 3?

Took me about 2 or 3 days
Reply 13
Hey guys, I’ve just heard back from EY saying I’ve been invited to their assessment centre day. Has anyone else been invited? Cheers.
Original post by Swaess
Hey guys, I’ve just heard back from EY saying I’ve been invited to their assessment centre day. Has anyone else been invited? Cheers.

I've been invited to the day in Manchester this Thursday. Exciting
Got an email today inviting me to the London AC next week 💃🏾
Reply 16
Original post by ohsotos
Got an email today inviting me to the London AC next week 💃🏾

Nice one mate, what is your service line?
Original post by Swaess
Nice one mate, what is your service line?

Thank you. Its Digital and Technology - Data Analyst
Original post by ohsotos
Thank you. Its Digital and Technology - Data Analyst

That's what i applied for. Had my AC in Manchester today. Was good!
Original post by VanillaRadio91
That's what i applied for. Had my AC in Manchester today. Was good!

That’s so good to hear, hopefully you get a place. Do you mind if I pm you for some advice? I’m freaking out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending