The Student Room Group

Engineering Degree apprenticeships

I am interested in degree apprenticeships for engineering but I am struggling to find companies that offer them. Specifically I am interested in aerospace/mechanical engineering but other than BAE, I can't really see too many others offering degree apprenticeships.
Reply 1
Original post by DopeyToaster
I am interested in degree apprenticeships for engineering but I am struggling to find companies that offer them. Specifically I am interested in aerospace/mechanical engineering but other than BAE, I can't really see too many others offering degree apprenticeships.

There are plenty of companies offering degree apprenticeships in engineering. However, as far as I know, not many are aerospace.

If you check out the government website for apprenticeship you should see a lot of vacancies provided you don't mind relocating. Also do keep in mind that the positions constantly open and close so the current number of vacancies available doesn't reflect all job openings throughout the year.

I just did the search on the government website and 40 positions came up, even though we're not in the hiring season. Some of them won't be what you're interested in (e.g. one for chemical engineer caught my eye). That's why you should regularly check whether new positions have opened.

Quick Reply

Latest