The Student Room Group

Speech and Language Therapy Apprenticeship

Hello, I've been looking for employers to do speech and language therapy apprenticeship in along with Birmingham City Uni but I haven't found any! does anyone know any employers?? (Degree apprenticeship)
Reply 1
Hey! Essex and Sheffield offer the apprenticeship too but im waiting for London to pick it up as the options available are too far to travel.
If you look at UWL they do the first two years of the course (Healthcare assistant practitioner) which is the first two years of the Essex course layout for speech and language. I'm hoping a London uni will pick off the apprenticeship soon and i can pick up the second two years of the course there.
Reply 2
It's correct that Essex has a 2 plus 2 approach where the first two years are the Assistant Practitioner course. However they offer different pathways within that course depending on what the apprentice will go on to study in years 3 and 4. In the case of SALT it's the SALT pathway. So you would need to have completed the SALT pathway to progress to years 3 and 4.
Reply 3
Original post by sadia20076
Hello, I've been looking for employers to do speech and language therapy apprenticeship in along with Birmingham City Uni but I haven't found any! does anyone know any employers?? (Degree apprenticeship)

Hi, do you when the employer puts out the apprenticeship?
Reply 4
Original post by haniiii908
Hi, do you when the employer puts out the apprenticeship?

Not many will offer these apprenticeships to external candidates unfortunately. I've only ever seen a couple of employers do this and they were advertised over the summer. That said no harm in starting to keep an eye open from now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending