The Student Room Group

2019 Veterinary Nursing Applicants

Hello!

I am starting a thread to start a discussion about how all the Nursing Applicants are getting on!

Where is everyone applying for? Any offers/interviews?

Is anyone applying to NTU?

Best of luck to everyone!

xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I applied to Bristol for vet nursing on 15th October and I received an offer on November 2nd :smile:
Reply 2
OOHH congratulations!!

Have you had an interview? If not yet I hope it goes well!

What qualifications and experience helped you get on the course?

X
Hey, I've applied to NTU, Harper Adams, Edinburgh Napier and RVC and received an interview for NTU and Harper!
Reply 4
Hi
I have applied for NTU, Hartpury and RVC. I have got an interview for Nottingham and Hartputy but haven’t heard anything from RVC yet.
Has anyone else heard from RVC yet?
Original post by **Meg**
HiI have applied for NTU, Hartpury and RVC. I have got an interview for Nottingham and Hartputy but haven’t heard anything from RVC yet. Has anyone else heard from RVC yet?
I think RVC said they start giving out interviews after the 15th January. Congrats on your other offers by the way! When is you NTU interview? Mine is the 23rd
So I applied at NTU and got an offer for Animal Science. Not too happy, even though this isn’t my first choice. Has this happened to anyone else?
Reply 7
I got an offer from NTU, two interview calls from Middlesex and Harper Adams and I'm still waiting for a reply from the RVC and Edinburgh Napier. Do you know when those two usually reply?
Original post by ArteXif
I got an offer from NTU, two interview calls from Middlesex and Harper Adams and I'm still waiting for a reply from the RVC and Edinburgh Napier. Do you know when those two usually reply?

Hey, they both said they will reply after 15th January. They wait till after the deadline to give everyone an equal chance 😊 Congrats on your offer and interviews as well!
Hiya 1st year rvc student nurse 😊 rvc release all their interview invites later than other unis after application deadline and they run through January and February so don't stress over not hearing (I had a friend apply with me and she got all her stuff earlier than I did). I applied to Edinburgh and they sent their interview out late for January/February interviews too 😊

If you have any questions about the course feel free to ask 😁

Good luck with interviews!
Reply 10
Original post by Megan1098
Hiya 1st year rvc student nurse 😊 rvc release all their interview invites later than other unis after application deadline and they run through January and February so don't stress over not hearing (I had a friend apply with me and she got all her stuff earlier than I did). I applied to Edinburgh and they sent their interview out late for January/February interviews too 😊

If you have any questions about the course feel free to ask 😁

Good luck with interviews!

Hey😊 thanks for your answer it's comforting to hear.
I was actually wondering do you have placement in the first year? And if you do, since vet nursing is at the Potter's Bar campous, is your placement there or in London? How do you find transportation from and to London in terms of cost and time? 😂Sorry for the bombarding of questions.
Reply 11
Original post by SkyJewel
I think RVC said they start giving out interviews after the 15th January. Congrats on your other offers by the way! When is you NTU interview? Mine is the 23rd

My interview for NTU is on the 30th of January. Good look for your interview!
Original post by ArteXif
Hey😊 thanks for your answer it's comforting to hear.
I was actually wondering do you have placement in the first year? And if you do, since vet nursing is at the Potter's Bar campous, is your placement there or in London? How do you find transportation from and to London in terms of cost and time? 😂Sorry for the bombarding of questions.

Placement varies depending on the uni and how they lay out their courses. Rvc do theirs throughout the 3/4 years so I've just had 10 weeks teaching and tomorrow I start 10 weeks placement then I have 8 weeks teaching and then a 7 week placement block. 2nd and 3rd year are mostly placement with 1 teaching block in each. We have a nice system in place where we don't have to find our own placements so if you get a place and accept you'll get asked if the uni can share your details with the college of animal welfare (this is the exam board of teaching nursing) and then we have a lovely lady who calls up and asks about if you drive and where you want to go to do placement. Basically you can go to any vets on the country that is RCVS (royal college of veterinary surgeons) approved as a training practice. Most people choose to go home to do their placements but you can stay locally if you want- I've chosen to stay for mine which starts tomorrow. London is hard to find a place in but so usually she saves London effort for those that live in London but to stay local to potters bar your really on the edge of London (Only about 7 miles out of watford).

In terms of travelling into London its not that difficult 😁 potters bar is pretty empty so if you want to go anywhere good like on a night out or for shopping London is best! We have a shuttle bus service that runs 3 different route throughout the day to the station, tesco, and a loop goes to both. The train goes to kings cross in 2 stops and it about 20mins- if you haven't done a student bank account yet look for one that comes with a free rail card as it can take your ticket down to £5ish for return 😁

My friend is a year 1 vet nurse at Nottingham Trent and she has it differently so she'll be doing 10 weeks placement over the summer and then have the entire 3rd year on placement but other than that she's classroom based.

I think Edinburgh said they didn't do any placement until the 3rd year but could have changed for this year.
Reply 13
Original post by Megan1098
Placement varies depending on the uni and how they lay out their courses. Rvc do theirs throughout the 3/4 years so I've just had 10 weeks teaching and tomorrow I start 10 weeks placement then I have 8 weeks teaching and then a 7 week placement block. 2nd and 3rd year are mostly placement with 1 teaching block in each. We have a nice system in place where we don't have to find our own placements so if you get a place and accept you'll get asked if the uni can share your details with the college of animal welfare (this is the exam board of teaching nursing) and then we have a lovely lady who calls up and asks about if you drive and where you want to go to do placement. Basically you can go to any vets on the country that is RCVS (royal college of veterinary surgeons) approved as a training practice. Most people choose to go home to do their placements but you can stay locally if you want- I've chosen to stay for mine which starts tomorrow. London is hard to find a place in but so usually she saves London effort for those that live in London but to stay local to potters bar your really on the edge of London (Only about 7 miles out of watford).

In terms of travelling into London its not that difficult 😁 potters bar is pretty empty so if you want to go anywhere good like on a night out or for shopping London is best! We have a shuttle bus service that runs 3 different route throughout the day to the station, tesco, and a loop goes to both. The train goes to kings cross in 2 stops and it about 20mins- if you haven't done a student bank account yet look for one that comes with a free rail card as it can take your ticket down to £5ish for return 😁

My friend is a year 1 vet nurse at Nottingham Trent and she has it differently so she'll be doing 10 weeks placement over the summer and then have the entire 3rd year on placement but other than that she's classroom based.

I think Edinburgh said they didn't do any placement until the 3rd year but could have changed for this year.

Wow that's so useful, and lols I'm an international applicant there's no going home to do placement for me😂wherever the uni is that's where I'll be. Thaanks!
Original post by **Meg**
My interview for NTU is on the 30th of January. Good look for your interview!

Mine is the 30th as well! Did you choose the 9:30am session?
Reply 15
Mine is the 30th as well! Did you choose the 9:30am session?

I originally choose the 12:30 session but it was full so I’m now going to the 9:30 one. Are you going to the 9:30 one as well?
Original post by **Meg**
I originally choose the 12:30 session but it was full so I’m now going to the 9:30 one. Are you going to the 9:30 one as well?

Yeah I'm doing the 9:30 session as well 😊
Reply 17
Yeah I'm doing the 9:30 session as well 😊

Nice! I didn’t know anyone else going to that session
Original post by **Meg**
Nice! I didn’t know anyone else going to that session

Yeah I'm the same, but it will be good to actually know someone 😅 Where is it that you're coming from?
Hey Guys! I’ve an interview for Hartpury soon! Offer from myerscough but waiting on Napier and Bristol getting back to me! ...Any one have any idea’s of interview questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending