The Student Room Group

Shamima Begums son, a death that brittish government could have prevented

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cecelia Tallice
If the reports are true that Shamima Begums son has died. Then that is a death that the brittish government could have prevented. She wanted to return to this country because she was worried about the health of her son. But the Home Secretary revoked her citizenship and stopped her returning. Therefore he is partially responsible for the unfortunate death of her child.

She’s entirely at fault for her baby dying; her citizenship was revoked because of her actions and choices
Its her fault her son was sick and she knew that her son is dying and never got him sorted out and heath in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan is never gets sorted out and its bad and the hospitals there is bad
Original post by Beth xxx
Its her fault her son was sick and she knew that her son is dying and never got him sorted out and heath in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan is never gets sorted out and its bad and the hospitals there is bad

As you’ve quite rightly said the health care in Syria is a dismal. With no money or transportation I am not entirely sure how you expected her to respond to her sons health.
As you’ve quite rightly said the health care in Syria is a dismal. With no money or transportation I am not entirely sure how you expected her to respond to her sons health.

With no money or transportation, how would she have got out of Syria to come back to the UK in order for this baby to get help?

These arguments made by the "shame on Javid" crowd are so incredibly vague and easily fall.
I think as others have already explained:

1. Her circumstances were entirely her fault and not the fault of the British government.

2. Extraction and transport of a nine-months-pregnant woman/woman with newborn from a foreign war zone would have been quite challenging and a danger in itself.

Basically, everything was her fault. Stop being so naive.
If D.Abbott was so upset about Ms Begum how come she did not go over there & help her ?

:holmes:

And I’m not sure how you expect Javid to get her back.
Original post by Beth xxx

Original post by Dandaman1
I think as others have already explained:

1. Her circumstances were entirely her fault and not the fault of the British government.

2. Extraction and transport of a nine-months-pregnant woman/woman with newborn from a foreign war zone would have been quite challenging and a danger in itself.

Basically, everything was her fault. Stop being so naive.

It is against international law to make someone stateless, and now an innocent child has died as a result of a British woman being stripped of her citizenship. This is callous and inhumane.

Obviously Samima Begum holds abhorrent views and to want to join Islamic State is beyond all comprehension, but she was a child, a product of our society.
I think we had a moral responsibility to her and indeed to her baby. That is why at the time I was just troubled by the decision.

It seemed driven by a sort of populism, not any principle I recognise.
Original post by Andrew97
And I’m not sure how you expect Javid to get her back

Umm give her citizenship in the first place? What a stupid comment..
It will go to court and she will come back to this country, it is against the law for her to be stateless. She needs help and she will be even more traumatised after the death of her third child.
It’s just a shame a child has died in the process. The government has clearly done this to appease the public.
It is against international law to make someone stateless, and now an innocent child has died as a result of a British woman being stripped of her citizenship. This is callous and inhumane.

No, it's still a load of highly inaccurate crap. What part of 'She had no way to get to the UK in the slightest and the UK has no embassy in Syria' don't you understand?
If the reports are true that Shamima Begums son has died. Then that is a death that the brittish government could have prevented. She wanted to return to this country because she was worried about the health of her son. But the Home Secretary revoked her citizenship and stopped her returning. Therefore he is partially responsible for the unfortunate death of her child.

I intend to personally pursue my MP to investigate how Shamima Begum can be prosecuted under international human rights legislation. She leaves the security of a country that gave her family asylum to join the most violent armed militia in the world. She has 3 children by different men whom she had never met before in the middle of a war zone and all three children die. This is infanticide at its starkest. This animal must be prosecuted . Anybody who has the smallest bit of sympathy for this 'woman' should also be investigated for evidently having terrorist sympathies.

Obviously Samima Begum holds abhorrent views and to want to join Islamic State is beyond all comprehension, but she was a child, a product of our society.
I think we had a moral responsibility to her and indeed to her baby. That is why at the time I was just troubled by the decision.

If Jamie bulgers killers were treated as adults then so should she be.She was 15 not 3.At 15 you know the difference between right and wrong.What she did was clearly wrong.Its more than foreseeable even to a 15 year old what the consequences of joining a murderous terrorist group could be.By absolving her of responsibility claiming she was only 15 you are essentially insulting all the other 15 year olds in this country.No.They are much more intelligent than you give them credit for.The fact that her baby died is on her.Its possibly a mercy.She is an exceptionally bad candidate for motherhood.If she'd actively set about trying to give her child the worst possible start in life then she could hardly have done a better job.You might have a point about the legality but in that case the law needs updating so we can keep genocidal terrorists out.
(edited 5 years ago)
Umm give her citizenship in the first place? What a stupid comment..
It will go to court and she will come back to this country, it is against the law for her to be stateless. She needs help and she will be even more traumatised after the death of her third child.
It’s just a shame a child has died in the process. The government has clearly done this to appease the public.

Don’t you dare call my comment stupid.

This baby dying had nothing to do with the citizenship, if you are just going to be rude and not answer my question I won’t bother. I’ll ask you again, she is in Syria, we have no diplomatic presence in Syria. A newborn CANNOT fly. So how would she and the baby been back in the U.K by now? Citizenship or not?

Are you seriously suggesting Javid should have sent people in to Syria?

Why didn’t you go and save her then?
Original post by Andrew97
Are you seriously suggesting Javid should have sent people in to Syria?

You have to wonder who 'people' would be anyway, Super Child Rescue Team™, An SAS kill team? A Social worker from Sidcup?

(Come to think of it, surely grabbing people from countries we have no treaties with is a bit iffy in the eyes of the sacred International Law?)
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Sammylou40
We’ve already listened enough to your blabber about “poor shamina begum”
And the majority said after your last sympathetic rant for an isis terrorist that her baby would willingly be taken back. Just not her. She could have handed the child over to be brought up in safety here. But instead her child was only a means to an end for her She used that poor little mite for her own agenda
Nobody wants her here. And no one but her has blood on her hands. If she was so worried then when child number 1 died she wouldn’t have had 2 and definitely not 3 But it suited her purpose, thinking it was key to getting her own way. How long do you think it’ll be before she’s pregnant again? Cos she’s certainly conniving enough.
The government is not responsible for this. Just her, only her and hopefully we’ll never see her here again

Original post by It's****ingWOODY
It's not the responsibility of the British government to look after the child. She joined ISIS, she birthed the child, the responsibility is all hers, she's the one who conceived him knowing she was in an environment unsuitable for raising a child in a civilised manner. Your terrorist sympathy threads are laughable.

I believe that if it had been any other form of underage sex and grooming, they would be helped. So why is it any different when the terrorists are doing the grooming? Surely if anything it’s worse?
An already traumatised girl has now lost her third child. If you say the government couldn’t have done anything for the baby then I think you underestimate the power that the government has.
She was a product of this society, she was failed and not properly protected. There is definitely more this country can do to stop young people from being influenced by terrorism.
Regardless of her past choices, the government had a moral responsibility to both her and her child. She is a brittish citizen and when she appeals she will get citizenship because the government cannot break international law.
She needs help which this country can provide.
Lastly, to the person that was sick of hearing my views on the subject, I suggest that the student room is not for you. Everyone is entitled an opinion. Or better still just don’t read or get involved in my threads.
I'm one of those people who thinks that the British Government were right to do nothing. I'm afraid she should have thought about that before having her THIRD child overseas.
Original post by the bear
let's just remind ourselves of how Ms Beggum's pals treated children:

https://nypost.com/2016/10/26/isis-kills-250-kids-in-dough-kneader-burns-adults-alive/

BuT iT wAs ReTaLiAtIoN.
Original post by robbiann
I intend to personally pursue my MP to investigate how Shamima Begum can be prosecuted under international human rights legislation. She leaves the security of a country that gave her family asylum to join the most violent armed militia in the world. She has 3 children by different men whom she had never met before in the middle of a war zone and all three children die. This is infanticide at its starkest. This animal must be prosecuted . Anybody who has the smallest bit of sympathy for this 'woman' should also be investigated for evidently having terrorist sympathies.

I don’t have terrorist sympathies, I am just a very moral person. I see this from a young girls point of view, influenced by religion. You have no idea what prompted her to join I.S. I believe that her citizenship shouldn’t have been taken from her just like that. It sets a bad precedent and I genuinely believe that she had no actual role in terrorism, I.S have a very low view of women. She would have just been there to satisfy sexual needs. So she was sexually exploited.
Original post by StriderHort
You have to wonder who 'people' would be anyway, Super Child Rescue Team™, An SAS kill team? A Social worker from Sidcup?

(Come to think of it, surely grabbing people from countries we have no treaties with is a bit iffy in the eyes of the sacred International Law?)

Javid: “ok lads, so what I’m proposing today is that we go to a refugee camp in a war zone and find 2 people, one of which is too young to fly and the other will not be given a seat by any self-respecting airline. We will then bring these people back to the country, somehow. Any volunteers? No?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending