The Student Room Group

National 5 Physics Unofficial Marking Scheme

Scroll to see replies

What did everyone do for their assignments? I did specific heat capacity.
Original post by Alexanderpaynnne

I done speed of car vs height of ramp
I was told by my teacher is was quite easy and the underlying physics wouldn't be hard
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by The_RobDob
I done speed of car vs height of ramp
I was told by my teacher is was quite easy and the underlying physics wouldn't be hard

Ahhh noice, yaaah the underlying physics in mine was hard ugh.
Ahhh noice, yaaah the underlying physics in mine was hard ugh.

Did you have to come up with your own ideas for the assignment? Because in all my other classes the teacher told our class what we were all doing
Original post by The_RobDob
Did you have to come up with your own ideas for the assignment? Because in all my other classes the teacher told our class what we were all doing

We had to gather our own data and physics but we had a demonstration at the start
Reply 65
Original post by Fhhdndjdj
You seem like me, we will have done absolutely fine, we just need to stop worrying, good luck for the rest of your exams

Yeh, I try but I haven't felt this way before, just feel weird. And good luck to you to, you seem like a very dedicated student; hence the reason you will do good in your exams too 😁.

Ohm's Law.
I also did ohms law, physics was my last exam and I’m going on holiday now.
Original post by Strelzo
Yeh, I try but I haven't felt this way before, just feel weird. And good luck to you to, you seem like a very dedicated student; hence the reason you will do good in your exams too 😁.

Ohm's Law.

I did Ohms law

I did the acceleration of a cart on a ramp and the angle of incline. The same as the height of the ramp actually
Hi someone said they were going to post the marking scheme?
Do you have the section 2? When will you do a marking scheme
Reply 71
Original post by agirlcalledtheo
Do you have the section 2? When will you do a marking scheme

Don't have section 2 yet, however once all of my exams are done, I'm going to ask every subject if I can have one of the paper's that were left over.
Hey man, wondering if you have the section 2 questions yet.
Reply 73
Original post by fraserr1234
Hey man, wondering if you have the section 2 questions yet.

No, sorry. I'll need to wait until I'm officially back to start Higher (3rd June) subjects. If they have any extra papers I'll post the questions and answers.
That's fine, thanks. It's just I'm really desperate to get an A in physics and I've been on track all year to get one but I was feeling bad on the day of the exam and I've been a bit stressed out seen as I can't really remember what was in section B 😂
Reply 75
That's fine, thanks. It's just I'm really desperate to get an A in physics and I've been on track all year to get one but I was feeling bad on the day of the exam and I've been a bit stressed out seen as I can't really remember what was in section B 😂

I'll give you some reassurance lol:

I'm in the same situation as you; on the road to an easy A, except I done an absolute blunder; badly misjudged my time by 30 minutes because my school adjusted the exam times in comparison to the SQA's and I totally got mixed up. I had planned my time over what I thought it was, whereas it wasn't. Lesson learned, at least it's only National 5 and not Higher lol. Should still hopefully get an A, but I won't be bothered if I somehow don't; will go for it in Higher (actually managing my time properly lol).
Did you manage to get section B off ur teacher cos mine said he wasn't allowed to 😑
Reply 77
Did you manage to get section B off ur teacher cos mine said he wasn't allowed to 😑

We went through the questions in class, but there were no copies left to actually give out; turns out the SQA gave exactly the number of booklets required + a few extra for the teachers.
That's all good man I found it online and I'm feeling much more confident for an A now as I've reminded myself of all the easy 3 or 4 markers using the basic formulas. All the best on the results day👍
Reply 79
That's all good man I found it online and I'm feeling much more confident for an A now as I've reminded myself of all the easy 3 or 4 markers using the basic formulas. All the best on the results day👍

Where did you find it online? I'm curious to look at it in full at home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending