The Student Room Group

Biology Higher and Chem Higher.

THANK YOU FOR ANY RESPONSE TO THIS THREAD.

Hello everyone. As a result of illness for a long period of time I have missed my Chem and Bio essay for SQA Higher. I cannot appeal as I went back only 3 days before the deadline, so on paper I was able to finish my assignments as they take 3 inclass days to do. (if anyone knows a way to contact the SQA and believes they will extend the assignment whilst scrapping the assignments and essays I just did please tell me.. teachers said I can't)

That is 20% off of my assignments. My only hope in getting an A is getting 88.5% on my Biology and Chem exams (assuming grade boundary will be 70% on Exams and Assignments combined), and higher A boundary will be basically impossible to get unless I get like 100% on the exams whilst also hoping maybe 3 marks I get from properly giving the aim and method of the assignment..

First question: Is basically getting 90% on the exams possible? My exam is in a month and a half and I'd say I'm a C student currently. If I study 3 hours a day for all my subjects will I be able to get 90%? or maybe 5 hours a day? 7?

Second question: I have been on and off school for the past month, I've probably been in a week out of that month. I haven't been admitted to hospital though. I was seriously sick and my family are witnesses of that. If I contact the SQA will they say "sure, you can redo your assignments and essays" or will they deny it because I wasn't sick enough to be hospitalised? It's the easter holiday on from Thursday to the 15th of April so will they deny is as I won't be able to do it at any centre?
Any help is much appreciated.
Reply 1
Okay, 90% is 1000% possible.
aim to start revision by the end of this week:

For Higher chem- Use JAB chem and use their traffic lights for each unit to help identify gaps in ur knowledge. I use the leckie 2 books in 1 study guide to help me learn up the content. Knowunity is also really good- https://knowunity.co.uk/app/knows/69db1053-aa8e-40b8-b8cd-2a191c912a0b?referrerScreen=search&query=HIGHER+CHEMISTRY+SQA (these are some notes from someone who got an A1)
Aim to finish learning the content by April 22 and then spam ppq's up till the exam, and ask teachers if u dont know something.

For Higher bio- (I got 87% in the exam last year) I also used knowunity and the 2 in 1 study guide-https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Revision-Practice-SQA-Exams/dp/0008365288/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1VAUS4VX0EYGW&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.1CV3_A59Pzjni1tc-HNnpz_3qkRVkrU1PGbPYZXqH0GzFud92ZnMrh7GrWvnDU3eZE1rmQesyfPJ_Z1r3IcGZ7AmkB6UORfkUywVOqvIV1Y4ZPaIjyMvcfUF5N_tNAOYTY_Omzv7awItK1j2pISJyuWmeEhzIG9goR_YUwMrNSbligvBGs0ae4c2b1KxRwuo5561UK7leHHxT7l685b9mbJtnBb3325C5kNiFzB7MoI.bp4_rLo5SC8LXFHBazo3dLzXRuD6gUhdqUSDIGFSmig&dib_tag=se&keywords=higher+biology&qid=1711383881&sprefix=higher+biology%2Caps%2C82&sr=8-4

and again just aim to have ur revision done by april 22 and just spam ppq's

Try aim for 2hrs minimum per day.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by TDCTV
Okay, 90% is 1000% possible.
aim to start revision by the end of this week:
For Higher chem- Use JAB chem and use their traffic lights for each unit to help identify gaps in ur knowledge. I use the leckie 2 books in 1 study guide to help me learn up the content. Knowunity is also really good- https://knowunity.co.uk/app/knows/69db1053-aa8e-40b8-b8cd-2a191c912a0b?referrerScreen=search&query=HIGHER+CHEMISTRY+SQA (these are some notes from someone who got an A1)
Aim to finish learning the content by April 22 and then spam ppq's up till the exam, and ask teachers if u dont know something.
For Higher bio- (I got 87% in the exam last year) I also used knowunity and the 2 in 1 study guide-https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Revision-Practice-SQA-Exams/dp/0008365288/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1VAUS4VX0EYGW&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.1CV3_A59Pzjni1tc-HNnpz_3qkRVkrU1PGbPYZXqH0GzFud92ZnMrh7GrWvnDU3eZE1rmQesyfPJ_Z1r3IcGZ7AmkB6UORfkUywVOqvIV1Y4ZPaIjyMvcfUF5N_tNAOYTY_Omzv7awItK1j2pISJyuWmeEhzIG9goR_YUwMrNSbligvBGs0ae4c2b1KxRwuo5561UK7leHHxT7l685b9mbJtnBb3325C5kNiFzB7MoI.bp4_rLo5SC8LXFHBazo3dLzXRuD6gUhdqUSDIGFSmig&dib_tag=se&keywords=higher+biology&qid=1711383881&sprefix=higher+biology%2Caps%2C82&sr=8-4
and again just aim to have ur revision done by april 22 and just spam ppq's
Try aim for 2hrs minimum per day.

Did you make flash cards from the know unity notes?
Reply 3
Original post by hussienmanaf6
Did you make flash cards from the know unity notes?

Hi, I just use them to learn up the content

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending