The Student Room Group

What is your favourite anime

Ive got a top 5 list:

1 One Piece (the king of all anime)
2 Gintama (currently watching and its already so good)
3 Naruto, Naruto S
4 Hajime no Ippo (all seasons)
5 Dragon Ball, z, super

honourable mentions :
assassination classroom
AOT
Overlord, shield hero, that time i got reincarnated as a slime
parasyte
tokyo ghoul
my hero
black clover
one punch
deathnote
Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Death note (first arc)
yeah part two is a bit weird, part 1 definitely better I forgot to add that to my honourable mentions
L lawliet (crying face)
have you got a top 5 ?
Original post by HasanQ585
Death note (first arc)
Reply 3
Death note
Death Parade
:smile:
havent heard of death parade is it actually good or just a OK time killer?
Original post by kkai
Death note
Death Parade
:smile:
Reply 5
really good tbh
Original post by Volg Paterson
havent heard of death parade is it actually good or just a OK time killer?
Top 5 of mine:
Death Note
Hellsing
Samurai 7
Maison Ikkoku
City Hunter

Honorable mentions which are worth to watch:
Megalo Box
Urashiman
Robin Hood no Daibouken
Lupin III
Afro Samurai
Cats Eye
Detective Conan
Ranma 1/2

The oldies are goldies, give them a try!
One Punch Man, I literally can't get enough. The sarcasm and half assed-ness is me all over.

Other than that I'd have to say Tokyo Ghoul and Death Note. Boku No Hero is pretty good too.
Reply 8
Original post by Volg Paterson
Ive got a top 5 list:

1 One Piece (the king of all anime)
2 Gintama (currently watching and its already so good)
3 Naruto, Naruto S
4 Hajime no Ippo (all seasons)
5 Dragon Ball, z, super

honourable mentions :
assassination classroom
AOT
Overlord, shield hero, that time i got reincarnated as a slime
parasyte
tokyo ghoul
my hero
black clover
one punch
deathnote

Naruto Shippuden 👏🏾👏🏾
Original post by MidgetFever
One Punch Man, I literally can't get enough. The sarcasm and half assed-ness is me all over.

(...)

Agree, the humor is hilarious, one of the wittiest anime I watched after a long while.
1. deathnote
hunter x hunnter
kiznaiver
Sword art online (1st season)
5.attack on titan
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Kallisto
Agree, the humor is hilarious, one of the wittiest anime I watched after a long while.

Exactly! It's just a shame there isn't more of it, I am kind of hopeful that they'll carry on though after releasing another season this year.
Original post by MidgetFever
Exactly! It's just a shame there isn't more of it, I am kind of hopeful that they'll carry on though after releasing another season this year.

The second season is ongoing now, I begin to rewatch after English dubs are released.
I dont know why people like one punch man, if the character is op to the max there is little to no need for character development in terms of fighting abilities. The anime stretches out episodes by allowing the protagonist to be beaten to a pulp before the guy actually decides to fight.

The fights are just full of fancy animations until the guy decides to fight. What is the point in being beaten for about 95% of the time so u can come back with a punch?

Even in 7 deadly sins where the protagonist is too op the manga writer actually creates a sensible reason to why he is always on the defence, so he can counter attack.
I'm very curious to see what everyone's favourite anime is and for what reasons. Personally, Erased is my favourite anime as I very much enjoyed the feel and intensity of certain moments, mostly in the last few episodes.
One Piece is the best in my opinion. Once you have watched it, it becomes apart of your life. The story line is amazing and it makes me think how did oda(the creator) think of all these plots and arcs(I cant talk too much otherwise il end up spoiling). I have been watching one piece for years now and I cannot imagine life without it. Once this anime ends it will be like losing a family member no joke.
Original post by Owenbrothers
I'm very curious to see what everyone's favourite anime is and for what reasons. Personally, Erased is my favourite anime as I very much enjoyed the feel and intensity of certain moments, mostly in the last few episodes.
Your lie in April
beyond the boundary
blue spring ride

Top 3 for me
and a honourable mention akkun to kanojo though each episode is 3 minutes
My top 5(not in order):
-mob psycho 100
-death parade
-the disastrous life of Saiki Kusou
-haikyuu!!
-steins;gate

Honourable mentions:
-attack on titan
-kimi no na wa and koe no katachi (would be favourites but they're a movie so..)
-devilman crybaby

I currently finished "Kaguya-sama, love is war" recently and I'm going to watch the second season of kakegurui as for seasonal anime.
6ABB52CA-1A76-42B2-8CE5-C4000369F504.png
Not a hard-core anime fan but I love everything about this!
Code geass
Death note
Steins gate
Attack on titan
Fate zero

Full metal alchemist brotherhood and psycho pass as honourable mentions.

Quick Reply

Latest