The Student Room Group

Computer Science NEA Project Idea

I want to create a basic ecosystem simulation for my computer science NEA, the project would include animals that are prey and some predators and food, each animal will have different 'genetics' like speed or vision (these would and attributes like hunger or thirst). The animals would be able to reproduce and would inherit the average attributes between the two parents with some genetic variation. The user would be able to change these 'genetics' and the animals population to see how it affects the populations of different animals. Would this project be too hard? What algorithms or computational ideas should I include?

(Computer Science is my favourite subject, I got a grade 9 at GCSE and am competent with unity, not great but pretty good)
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by academicWeapon__
I want to create a basic ecosystem simulation for my computer science NEA, the project would include animals that are prey and some predators and food, each animal will have different 'genetics' like speed or vision (these would and attributes like hunger or thirst). The animals would be able to reproduce and would inherit the average attributes between the two parents with some genetic variation. The user would be able to change these 'genetics' and the animals population to see how it affects the populations of different animals. Would this project be too hard? What algorithms or computational ideas should I include?

(Computer Science is my favourite subject, I got a grade 9 at GCSE and am competent with unity, not great but pretty good)

Seen a lot of ppl do simulations don’t see why not. Do some research on it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending