The Student Room Group

Bradford College GCSE Maths

I have resat GCSE Maths for like five times and I can't seem to pass. However, i am currently waiting for my GCSE results this year to see if I get to University or if I have to go to college to resit maths again.
My question is that can I apply for GCSE maths at Bradford College even though I haven't got my results yet. I'm worried that if I don't apply now, then it will be difficult for me to apply after I get my results if I do fail because the course might be full. However, i got told that i can't apply without knowing my results.
Also, I found out that I can't do GCSE Maths alone at Bradford College and I need to do a few other courses, but isn't the GCSE Maths course for 1 year? If I do apply for another GCSE course along with this, then won't it be for like two years? Can I just do GCSE maths alone at Bradford College.

Sorry if this is long, but I am really confused and I am worried that I won't have anywhere to go next year if I don't get into university because of my not passing GCSE Maths
Original post by Arzoo Imran
I have resat GCSE Maths for like five times and I can't seem to pass. However, i am currently waiting for my GCSE results this year to see if I get to University or if I have to go to college to resit maths again.
My question is that can I apply for GCSE maths at Bradford College even though I haven't got my results yet. I'm worried that if I don't apply now, then it will be difficult for me to apply after I get my results if I do fail because the course might be full. However, i got told that i can't apply without knowing my results.
Also, I found out that I can't do GCSE Maths alone at Bradford College and I need to do a few other courses, but isn't the GCSE Maths course for 1 year? If I do apply for another GCSE course along with this, then won't it be for like two years? Can I just do GCSE maths alone at Bradford College.

Sorry if this is long, but I am really confused and I am worried that I won't have anywhere to go next year if I don't get into university because of my not passing GCSE Maths

How about functional skills maths level 2 will that get you into your chosen uni? Shoudl be easier than GCSE and s accepted by some unis.
No point doing more gcse.
How about Leeds college?
https://www.leedscitycollege.ac.uk/courses-apprenticeships/adult-part-time-courses/english-and-maths/gcse-maths-adults/
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
How about functional skills maths level 2 will that get you into your chosen uni? Shoudl be easier than GCSE and s accepted by some unis.
No point doing more gcse.
How about Leeds college?
https://www.leedscitycollege.ac.uk/courses-apprenticeships/adult-part-time-courses/english-and-maths/gcse-maths-adults/

I have done functional skills level 2 about 3 times. I find GCSE way better
I have done functional skills level 2 about 3 times. I find GCSE way better

You mean you have dont it and passed or done it and failed.

You almost certainly need GCSE maths for uni or FS. The latter had advantages, less work and more chances to sit.
If you continue to have such great issues with maths, then maybe you have something like discalculia?
Reply 4
I got my GCSE results and passed maths!!
Reply 5
I got my GCSE results and passed maths!!

I was looking into Bradford colleges resits. Can I resit combined science there whilst going to a different college?
Reply 6
Original post by Ra78x
I was looking into Bradford colleges resits. Can I resit combined science there whilst going to a different college?

I don't think so. However, i know that to apply for maths resit at Bradford University, you need to apply to at least 4 other GCSEs alongside this. Why don't you do combined science along with GCSE maths resit in Bradford College?

Quick Reply

Latest