The Student Room Group

Modelling management agency

Scroll to see replies

Oh god so I got scammed out of 300 quid yesterday then. Any idea if bank will refund if I paid with a debit card? Also does signing for the 'copyright' of the image give them the right for the money?
Original post by Minion19
Oh god so I got scammed out of 300 quid yesterday then. Any idea if bank will refund if I paid with a debit card? Also does signing for the 'copyright' of the image give them the right for the money?

Yes you will be able to get a refund as the bank is liable aswell as they processed the payment.
Let the bank know that the company has been investigated for scamming.

You are the copyright as it is your pictures
Please - everyone - don’t do it. I attended a test shoot yesterday with a “modelling management agency” at Malibu Studios to see how viable I might be for modelling work. I had a feeling before going that it would be dodgy, but gave it a try and told them that I would not be paying any money even if successful. The shoot was fun but afterwards they tried the sell: Rose £300, Silver £600 or Gold £1000 for links to modelling agencies, portfolio, website etc. It is a SCAM! Do not do it. Avoid these linked studios: Malibu & Camden - both in London, Big Peg - Birmingham, Overbridge - Manchester, Blue - Leeds, and Nottingham Photography. They are linked together and with MOMCO. There are articles about this malpractice. Genuine Modelling agencies don’t charge you - they take a cut from your wages. You don’t need a portfolio. Look at: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/money/2017/dec/18/modelling-agencies-platforms-scam-studio-collective
Original post by dakin19851985
I took my baby boy Monday and I didn't know what I was getting into, I paid £400 for a portfolio and website, only after speaking to a friend I now know it's a scam and I'm trying to get my money back, they're snakes.

If you get any reply or you’re successful can u please tell me. I want my money back too!
Iv jus paid 300 quid now reading ur comments I'm thinki g how stupid are my getting in to this mess how do u go around getting my money back and will they still have my bank details to take money again
Reply 65
Original post by Model_Image
Their page is a overnight setup, they put the page up when they give the link out and then take it down when people are meant to be meeting them.
I am still baffled that so many people still go to these companies when so much has been posted about them.
If you are going to a company, research them,call them and dont pay any money, If they are so desperate to recuit you, they will do the donkey work and basically you shouldnt need to do anything.

I tried to research you since you said you're legit. I can't find anything online for you, nothing at all. You have zero online presence. Why is that?
I’ve paid £800,and they are transfered my pictures now to another modelling agency that they also asked me for a money.
Original post by Skeletons1980
Hi. I did a photo shoot with UK Management, and afterwards, some dodgy looking fella with a huge gold watch, rings, chains and bracelets, took me into a room and told me he was just waiting to hear from head office to see if I’d been selected out of 300 or so other people to join MOMCO. Then after a big, dramatic(!!!) build up, they told me I was successful and I could pay £300, £600 or £1000 depending on what package I went for. He obviously suggested I went with the £1000 one as that was the Gold package and would give me access to the offers received by all the top models...!
I told them I had no money to hand over. Then he said he’d get someone to call me. The person who called (from a mobile) was rude and mumbling quietly throughout the phone call.

I became also their victim last week mate,they made me pay £800
Reply 68
If a model agency asks for money they are ALWAYS a scam. Never give any money for any photography Portfolios are built over time and cannot be built in one sitting. If you are model material you will be paid to work. Do not go to any agency that has no online presence either. All reputable agencies will have websites and a very good reputation.
Hi, I am currently pursuing Momco...they asked me for 99pounds and sent me a terms and conditions to sign...I don't remember the lady on the phone telling me about this fee before but all of a sudden she asked me and said that there are 3 castings interested in my look.I could only find 2 reviews about Momco on good and one really bad! Has anyone else heard of them?
Original post by IstarlinA
Hi, I am currently pursuing Momco...they asked me for 99pounds and sent me a terms and conditions to sign...I don't remember the lady on the phone telling me about this fee before but all of a sudden she asked me and said that there are 3 castings interested in my look.I could only find 2 reviews about Momco on good and one really bad! Has anyone else heard of them?

Later on they will ask you to pay 600,800,or 1000£.stay away from them,it’s a big scam all this.
Reply 71
Original post by IstarlinA
Hi, I am currently pursuing Momco...they asked me for 99pounds and sent me a terms and conditions to sign...I don't remember the lady on the phone telling me about this fee before but all of a sudden she asked me and said that there are 3 castings interested in my look.I could only find 2 reviews about Momco on good and one really bad! Has anyone else heard of them

Yes, I was the person that gave a bad review because they are frauds and they do not give you the username and the password after you pay for the fee and I wrote them an email about refunds and their behaviour and they haven’t replied. Please do not pay them.
Reply 72
Original post by plainjayne1
I tried to research you since you said you're legit. I can't find anything online for you, nothing at all. You have zero online presence. Why is that?

I would like to know why as well? You say it all but there is no physical proof. Talking about promoting themselves. At this point, don’t do modelling as it is an international thing to get scammed into. I would suggest another job.
Reply 73
Original post by Lilchicken1
Iv jus paid 300 quid now reading ur comments I'm thinki g how stupid are my getting in to this mess how do u go around getting my money back and will they still have my bank details to take money again

If you paid by Credit Card, please file a dispute along with contacting the Trading Standard and Citizen Bureau Adviser.
Reply 74
Modelling companies usually have 15 to 30 day cooling period. So if companies don’t provide you a cooling period please contact the advisors that I had provided above this comment. Thank you.
Original post by Guardiann
If you get any reply or you’re successful can u please tell me. I want my money back too!

Call your bank and tell them that they are not genuine because then your bank will do a fraud investigation that takes just over 2 weeks (mine is Barclays) then they will return your money back and log them as fraudulent!
They are disgusting - preying on vulnerable young mums too! I was a victim and the sad thing is they knew I was a new mummy! KMDT kissing my DAMN teeth!!!
Original post by teequa
Yes, I was the person that gave a bad review because they are frauds and they do not give you the username and the password after you pay for the fee and I wrote them an email about refunds and their behaviour and they haven’t replied. Please do not pay them.

Wooow! So it was you with the bad review? Loool they think that bad reviews won't bite them back in their hungry butts! Thank you for putting up that review - this is why reviews are so vital!
Original post by Minion19

Call your bank let them know they're not a legit company!
Original post by teequa

Thank you for doing that review - that has saved me money for my little babygirl!
How did you know that they’re scam??

Quick Reply

Latest