The Student Room Group

Choice Model Management

Does anyone know whether choice model management is fake or not? I got a call from them asking for a 150 deposit refundable after the first job. I am confused whether or not to go with them.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by dantecollins3012
Does anyone know whether choice model management is fake or not? I got a call from them asking for a 150 deposit refundable after the first job. I am confused whether or not to go with them.

There's another thread where some people question it:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7105949
Reply 2
Original post by dantecollins3012

I have been with Choice for the last year and they are nothing short of excellent. I have done 4 auditions already. Choice is approved by the Employment Agency Standards Inspectorate. They regulate agencies and ensure everything is done properly. I am shocked that some people on this platform hasn't read carefully about what employment agencies can and can't charge. Employment agencies are allowed to charge you a subscription fee for their training material if you are interested in work across the industry including acting, extra work as well as modelling. I am sure most of us that apply to an agency are interested in any work possible including modelling, acting and extra work. If you are interested in modelling only, then they won't charge you anything at any stage but you will be severely limiting your options of securing work unless you are over 6 feet and actually look like a proper model.
Original post by Max9031
I have been with Choice for the last year and they are nothing short of excellent. I have done 4 auditions already. Choice is approved by the Employment Agency Standards Inspectorate. They regulate agencies and ensure everything is done properly. I am shocked that some people on this platform hasn't read carefully about what employment agencies can and can't charge. Employment agencies are allowed to charge you a subscription fee for their training material if you are interested in work across the industry including acting, extra work as well as modelling. I am sure most of us that apply to an agency are interested in any work possible including modelling, acting and extra work. If you are interested in modelling only, then they won't charge you anything at any stage but you will be severely limiting your options of securing work unless you are over 6 feet and actually look like a proper model.

None of the comments here relate to them charging subscription fees or for training packages?
Original post by Admit-One
There's another thread where some people question it:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7105949

It's quite obvious that the negative comments on here are from either one of their competitors or an unhappy client. I joined my daughter to Choice late last year and they have been brilliant every step of the way. My daughter has so far secured a few castings and has booked a job already! They explained everything to me clearly from start to finish.

They also explained why they charge a subscription fee - to be absolutely clear, they are NOT a modelling agency as some guys on here have mistaken them for therefore, the negative comments. They are an employment agency for the entertainment industry and as such they represent a whole pool of talent and individuals interested in a whole array of jobs, not just modelling.

They made this very clear to me in my initial call with them. It's true, models cannot be charged legally. However, models that are interested in modelling as well as acting, extra work and performing arts, they are legally entitled to charge a subscription fee if they wish to do so. I highly recommend them to anyone that is genuinely interested in doing well in this competitive industry. FYI don't listen to people that are haters and that are negative about everything.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending