The Student Room Group

Modelling and Uni dilemma.

So, I'm currently in Y13, I'm doing my A-levels in a few months.
I'm also a model aswell with a really big agency, and it's always been discussed what's going to happen with uni, and how I'm going to manage doing both modelling and pursuing a degree.
I can choose to stay in London + it would make the modelling a lot easier to do given all the shoots are primarily in London, but that means I wouldn't really be having that proper uni experience, it would literally just feel like sixth form yk? Or, I can go to a uni outside of London, have the proper experience, but it would make things x10 more difficult as I'd have to constantly be commuting to the shoots and that's just extra time + money etc.
My uni options couldn't be as varied as I wanted them to be (with the top top London unis) as I got ill/too stressed for my predicted grade exams and messed them up, and my school refused to budge on them. The thing is, at this current point in the year I'm working at a very high level consistently, and I've already exceeded my predicted grades immensely with the current mocks we've done.
Really confused as to what I should do, I don't wanna take a gap year either as I really don't want to be a year behind all my friends, while they're leaving uni I'll still be in second year.
Advice much appreciated :/ What would you guys do in my situation?
(edited 1 month ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by mg10
So, I'm currently in Y13, I'm doing my A-levels in a few months.
I'm also a model aswell with a really big agency, and it's always been discussed what's going to happen with uni, and how I'm going to manage doing both modelling and pursuing a degree.
I can choose to stay in London + it would make the modelling a lot easier to do given all the shoots are primarily in London, but that means I wouldn't really be having that proper uni experience, it would literally just feel like sixth form yk? Or, I can go to a uni outside of London, have the proper experience, but it would make things x10 more difficult as I'd have to constantly be commuting to the shoots and that's just extra time + money etc.
My uni options couldn't be as varied as I wanted them to be (with the top top London unis) as I got ill/too stressed for my predicted grade exams and messed them up, and my school refused to budge on them. The thing is, at this current point in the year I'm working at a very high level consistently, and I've already exceeded my predicted grades immensely with the current mocks we've done.
Really confused as to what I should do, I don't wanna take a gap year either as I really don't want to be a year behind all my friends, while they're leaving uni I'll still be in second year.
Advice much appreciated :/ What would you guys do in my situation?

Try looking into using extenuating circumstances for predicted grades eg for kings. Just call up your top choice unis and see what they say or look into clearing.

Good luck on your A Levels!!
Take a gap year - and work out what you actually want to do.
I know of one student who is trying to combine an international swimming career with a degree and another trying to use ad-hoc acting work to finance their degree. They are are never where they are supposed to be, and everything is a compromise.
If during a year out, your career takes off, fine, and if it doesnt then you will have Uni still there for application in another year.

Quick Reply

Latest