The Student Room Group

Revision Guides

I am wondering on whether any other revision guides that are better or as good as CGP (as thats what most people recommend) and if there is any use by using more then one revision guide.
CGP was great for me when looking to build a foundation for my notes, however when looking at the spec of the sciences in particular I found that the CGP books often glossed over some parts and didnt really give enough detail to get the top grades. I liked the collins textbooks for the sciences and thought that they really helped me with info to aim for the higher grades. For the other subjects id look to utilise school books/ textbooks with youtube but really good luck with the exams and try not to stress :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by NashSingh
CGP was great for me when looking to build a foundation for my notes, however when looking at the spec of the sciences in particular I found that the CGP books often glossed over some parts and didnt really give enough detail to get the top grades. I liked the collins textbooks for the sciences and thought that they really helped me with info to aim for the higher grades. For the other subjects id look to utilise school books/ textbooks with youtube but really good luck with the exams and try not to stress :smile:

Thank you. Im not sure if u would know but is Oxford University Press books any good?
If you're doing English Literature, some of the York Notes stuff is really good. For Geography, at A-Level I pretty much exclusively used the CGP revision guide which was all I really needed.
What exam board are you with?
Reply 5
Original post by AGrizzlyBearo
What exam board are you with?

english lit and language edexcel
maths edexcel
r.s edexcel
economics ocr
science aqa
computer science aqa
german aqa
geography aqa
Original post by EmpraZ
Thank you. Im not sure if u would know but is Oxford University Press books any good?

they were good for me in history
Reply 7
Thanks all.
Reply 8
On a slightly different note, check out your local charity shops, there are a lot of guides now sitting on their book shelves just waiting to be grabbed up by students.
For language just use youtube, i did that and got a 9

Quick Reply

Latest