The Student Room Group

Official Thread: (Undergraduate) Medicine 2021 Entry

I know this is early but who else is thinking of applying for medicine. Thought I’d start this thread as I haven’t seen one yet

Scroll to see replies

Me!
Reply 2
Yay !
Reply 3
Original post by Wannabemedic1960
I know this is early but who else is thinking of applying for medicine. Thought I’d start this thread as I haven’t seen one yet

i am :smile:
Reply 4
how did People's GCSEs go???
I’m thinking about doing medicine but I’m not sure. I got 2 9s, 6 8s, 2 7s and 1 6. Is that good enough for medicine before my teachers kept saying you need all 8s and 9s

Original post by Imade13
how did People's GCSEs go???
Reply 6
Original post by naomixo33
I’m thinking about doing medicine but I’m not sure. I got 2 9s, 6 8s, 2 7s and 1 6. Is that good enough for medicine before my teachers kept saying you need all 8s and 9s

that's what my teacher said to me that 'oooo that means you need to get all 9s'. I got 1 9, 2 8s, 5 7s and 2 6's. Personally, i think with your grades you will get in, but depending on what university you want to go to, like Oxford/Cambridge are very competitive. TBH, Universities don't focus heavily on our GCSEs, it's mostly our A levels they focus on, like our predicted A level Grades, so i wouldn't worry too much. Just focus on A-Levels, we need to get those A*s and As - I'm aiming for 3 A*s eek!!!
My chosen A Level subjects are Biology, Chemistry and Psychology
Reply 7
I’m doing the same a levels as you plus geography. Want a* aswell but it will be hard
Reply 8
Has anyone done any work experience yet. If you what have you done
Reply 9
I wanted to but my GCSEs have let me down and I’m losing hope :frown:
Reply 10
I’m doing the same a levels as you plus geography. Want a* aswell but it will be hard

yeah i know it will be hard, but we just need to put in that hard work
Reply 11
ME! I got 5 9s, 3 8s, 1 7, 3 6s, 5.
Reply 12
Has anyone done any work experience yet. If you what have you done

well I've started my long term voluntary work in a care home
- i emailed my local GP about wanting to work experience but they haven't replied yet lol
- i'm currently waiting for the work experience applications at the hospital where i live to be opened
Reply 13
Has anyone done any work experience yet, I done a week shadowing endocrinologists at Charing Cross hospital
Reply 14
Original post by m_j_
Has anyone done any work experience yet, I done a week shadowing endocrinologists at Charing Cross hospital

btw - you should plan on doing voluntary work at like a care home or hospice - LONG TERM voluntary work tho maybe for like for like 2-3 months or even up to a year
Reply 15
Original post by Junalena
I wanted to but my GCSEs have let me down and I’m losing hope :frown:

Gcses are pointless at the malt part, i use to get told I needed 10 9s to get into oxford med school and after receiving my GCSEs I was sad at first but realised gcses aren’t the end and if I get amazing a level results as well as bmat and ukcat scores, I might have a shot
Reply 16
Original post by Imade13
btw - you should plan on doing voluntary work at like a care home or hospice - LONG TERM voluntary work tho maybe for like for like 2-3 months or even up to a year

Yea true, but it’s really hard finding someone relevant to volunteer
Reply 17
I wanna medicine too but I’m not gonna enter to same admission test I’ll have this exam about 10 days later in Italy
Would you mind looking at my biology questions which are also Alevel:smile: 81AF668E-9213-4265-BB76-C37892F64C5B.jpg.jpeg
Reply 18
Original post by Coban
I wanna medicine too but I’m not gonna enter to same admission test I’ll have this exam about 10 days later in Italy
Would you mind looking at my biology questions which are also Alevel:smile: 81AF668E-9213-4265-BB76-C37892F64C5B.jpg.jpeg

That looks hard
Reply 19
Original post by Coban

wow. This seems Hard - ok i'm lowkey scared/stressed for a levels now omg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending