The Student Room Group

London Bridge Cordoned After Reports of Gunfire

Scroll to see replies

Sounds like sterling work by the police.
I wouldn't want to deal with somebody with the potential to explode and take you with them.
Number of people have been stabbed it is confirmed, being treated a terror attack so.....
Original post by Just my opinion
Sounds like sterling work by the police.
I wouldn't want to deal with somebody with the potential to explode and take you with them.

Absolutely.

I expect the IOPC will be investigating these brave officers for years to come, though....
Reply 23
Original post by Blue_Cow
Absolutely.

I expect the IOPC will be investigating these brave officers for years to come, though....

I won't be going to my police graduate scheme interview after this... :nah:
Reply 24
Original post by chelseadagg3r
BBC News - London Bridge sealed off after reports of gunfire
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50604781

Update: So far it's unclear how the major incident unfolded but the Met Police are treating the incident as 'terror-related' with numerous people confirmed to be stabbed.
Original post by Deyesy
I won't be going to my police graduate scheme interview after this... :nah:

can you stop derailing the thread.
Glad I didn't go into town this morning, as I was planning.
Just waiting for all the facts to be unraveled.
Welcome to London boys!
But as someone who lives in London, I thankfully don't like in those high risk hot-spots for a terrorist attack
1 dead (man) and many injured and it is a terrorist attack. he had a hoax explosive device. confirmed.
(edited 4 years ago)
Met Police Statement:

Police were called to a stabbing on London Bridge.

Male suspect shot by City of London police and died at the scene.

This has been formally declared as a terrorist incident.

A hoax explosive device was attached to the body of the suspect.

(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by chelseadagg3r
BBC News - London Bridge sealed off after reports of gunfire
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50604781

Sad
Until the full motive is confirmed we can only speculate (within reason) why this has happened.

It's not confirmed whether this attack originated on London Bridge itself, where the 2017 terror attack happened, or inside a nearby building. Eyewitnesses say that people were running out of a building with blood and wounds.

It was only earlier in the month that the terror level was reduced. It's also Black Friday. Coincidence or planned?
Original post by BasicMistake
Until the full motive is confirmed we can only speculate (within reason) why this has happened.

It's not confirmed whether this attack originated on London Bridge itself, where the 2017 terror attack happened, or inside a nearby building. Eyewitnesses say that people were running out of a building with blood and wounds.

It was only earlier in the month that the terror level was reduced. It's also Black Friday. Coincidence or planned?

Police statement said they were called to a nearby premises so that would lead one to believe it did not start on the bridge.
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
Police statement said they were called to a nearby premises so that would lead one to believe it did not start on the bridge.

That's what is confusing.

At this point it's almost undoubtedly a terror incident but why did the suspect attack people inside a building?
Original post by BasicMistake
That's what is confusing.

At this point it's almost undoubtedly a terror incident but why did the suspect attack people inside a building?

Probably a shop with a high density of people since it is Black Friday.
Reply 36
Original post by Dunya
Interesting that the election just happens to be right around the corner.

What, on Arthur Street?
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
Probably a shop with a high density of people since it is Black Friday.

Possibly, I can't recall if there is a shop directly on the north side of the bridge.
Reply 38
Original post by zxc1
he was also wearing a vest.

Well, it is getting chilly.
Reply 39
Original post by Deyesy
Speculation is dangerous.

So are knives. And getting shot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending