The Student Room Group

Yu-Gi-Oh! Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yukikobestgirl
Oh damn I didn't know this thread existed.

I'm considering what deck I play at my locals worlds qualifiers qualifier thing lmao
I'm building pends atm but might finish building the salad deck I never really built or build striker now the deck's within my price range.

Really depends on the next banlist cause it's in January

Original post by TheUKAmerican
Pendulums are too fragile imo.

fellow pendulum fan as well (personally tend to go more synchro biased for extra deck). Salads are great but have been weakend due to limits on gazelle. Sky strikers...I personally would wait to see the banlist to see how engage and anchor will be affected. Orcustrated is something seem to play a lot of these days (pure or with strikers). also strikers are getting more support.

Personally, Id also consider waiting for ignition assault and eternity code to get released as @ignisters are better than salads imo (fairly easy to summon / swarm main deck monsters, great spells and the extra deck monsters are lovely if you swarm the field with ignisters (and can be swarmed fairly easily themselves - the synchro can wipe out all your opponents spell and traps, the xyz can wipe out the opponent's monsters and allows you to special summon a cyberse monster from the grave if another of your monsters attacks / destroys another monster; dark templar can summon monsters from the grave if you special summon and if you attack, fire phoenix inflicts damage equal to the attack of the monster it battles, the fusion monster can be summoned by a card akin to super poly and gains attack equal to the monster it attacks, the ritual monster can return a card to the hand). The anime boss monster for @ignister has been errata'd in the OCG in eternity code but still gains 1000atk per monster used to summon it and is unaffected by other card effects. What is interesting is that the final boss card for Playmaker from the anime has not been errata'd irl and has retained the same effects (so you can make it gain 1000atk per link marker of 1 monster and has a potential +6 negate/destroy per turn for 2 turns).

in anycase, best of luck.
for the 1st time in what seems like forever, yusei / synchron/warrior decks have actually gotten great support in the OCG. Satellite warrior is arguably the best card from Duelist Pack 6 and is similar to accesscode talker but has a lovely ability which allows you to accel synchro into blazar/quasar/sifr/etc if it leaves the field.

synchro chase also has a lovely spamming ability.
Original post by quasa
been toying with @ignisters and so far it seems to be great for single player duels (going 2nd is better but eternity code should have more support) and I would say so far it plays better than salads (although I have a feeling aidle reborn and tai strike will be hit with bans / limits, as well as potentially pikari and doyon).

I honestly think it won't have any impact in IGAS. OCG scene is different but it has done absolutely nothing there and even danger dark world is relevant there. It absolutely hard loses to thunder dragon.
Original post by quasa
fellow pendulum fan as well (personally tend to go more synchro biased for extra deck). Salads are great but have been weakend due to limits on gazelle. Sky strikers...I personally would wait to see the banlist to see how engage and anchor will be affected. Orcustrated is something seem to play a lot of these days (pure or with strikers). also strikers are getting more support.

Personally, Id also consider waiting for ignition assault and eternity code to get released as @ignisters are better than salads imo (fairly easy to summon / swarm main deck monsters, great spells and the extra deck monsters are lovely if you swarm the field with ignisters (and can be swarmed fairly easily themselves - the synchro can wipe out all your opponents spell and traps, the xyz can wipe out the opponent's monsters and allows you to special summon a cyberse monster from the grave if another of your monsters attacks / destroys another monster; dark templar can summon monsters from the grave if you special summon and if you attack, fire phoenix inflicts damage equal to the attack of the monster it battles, the fusion monster can be summoned by a card akin to super poly and gains attack equal to the monster it attacks, the ritual monster can return a card to the hand). The anime boss monster for @ignister has been errata'd in the OCG in eternity code but still gains 1000atk per monster used to summon it and is unaffected by other card effects. What is interesting is that the final boss card for Playmaker from the anime has not been errata'd irl and has retained the same effects (so you can make it gain 1000atk per link marker of 1 monster and has a potential +6 negate/destroy per turn for 2 turns).

in anycase, best of luck.

I don't really see @ignister doing much tbh and the tournament is before either ignition assault or eternity code (unless I got my dates wrong) and is only a week after the next banlist...

Even pendgod has abandonned Endymion but I'mma keep it going for now I think.
Trying to get an Apollousa atm and one of my friends is giving me his upstarts (even tho I only need 1) and rarity bumps for 2 of my desires.
Original post by Yukikobestgirl
I don't really see @ignister doing much tbh and the tournament is before either ignition assault or eternity code (unless I got my dates wrong) and is only a week after the next banlist...

Even pendgod has abandonned Endymion but I'mma keep it going for now I think.
Trying to get an Apollousa atm and one of my friends is giving me his upstarts (even tho I only need 1) and rarity bumps for 2 of my desires.

I think the agarpain ban hit pendulums hard tbh as so many focused on using agarpain to get vortex, dragster, savage etc. endymion for some reason I could never get to work (rubbish draws I guess). ignisters would be out after the next banlist I guess.
Original post by Vikingninja
I honestly think it won't have any impact in IGAS. OCG scene is different but it has done absolutely nothing there and even danger dark world is relevant there. It absolutely hard loses to thunder dragon.

speaking of OCG, crystron needlefibre is finally coming to the tcg :smile: downside is it has an absolutely weird name in the tcg (should have called it glassfibre, instead its Halqifibrax
Original post by quasa
speaking of OCG, crystron needlefibre is finally coming to the tcg :smile: downside is it has an absolutely weird name in the tcg (should have called it glassfibre, instead its Halqifibrax

Eh they've always been weird puns that deck, I'm hoping for wise strix to come to TCG in DUOV (still need to get a IRL deck) since that card is insane.
Eh they've always been weird puns that deck, I'm hoping for wise strix to come to TCG in DUOV (still need to get a IRL deck) since that card is insane.

imo the ned to errata the shooting dragons, majestic (saviour) star dragon and cosmic blazar dragons to include "this card is treated as a "Stardust" Monster" in their text (just this small change can have a drastic impact on gamplay). Ive been toying with the latest deckbuilds in the OCG for Skystrikers, HEROs and Synchro warriors / Junk, and I have to say the latter 2 are surprisingly fun to play with (synchro chase and satellite warrior are lovely to play together and have managed to summon Sat. Warrior with 5500+atk and another dragon to the field at the same time (usually crystal wing or quantum). imo E Hero absolute zero is underrated and should be played at more than 1 as it nukes the opponents field when it leaves it.

skystriker roze and zeke (sieg?) do add an extra layer to the skystriker (brandish maiden) game but I still cant get it work properly (keep bricking draws online).
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by quasa
imo the ned to errata the shooting dragons, majestic (saviour) star dragon and cosmic blazar dragons to include "this card is treated as a "Stardust" Monster" in their text (just this small change can have a drastic impact on gamplay). Ive been toying with the latest deckbuilds in the OCG for Skystrikers, HEROs and Synchro warriors / Junk, and I have to say the latter 2 are surprisingly fun to play with (synchro chase and satellite warrior are lovely to play together and have managed to summon Sat. Warrior with 5500+atk and another dragon to the field at the same time (usually crystal wing or quantum). imo E Hero absolute zero is underrated and should be played at more than 1 as it nukes the opponents field when it leaves it.

skystriker roze and zeke (sieg?) do add an extra layer to the skystriker (brandish maiden) game but I still cant get it work properly (keep bricking draws online).

Eh I don't see much use for the majestic guys. Sieg is an absolutely insane card to add to sky striker it adds a bit in regards to its effects but just the addition of it with those effects is ridiculous, the biggest thing people have mentioned is that when you steal with anchor you can now use that monster to link into a sky striker rather than a knightmare so then sieg can be linked back down into say shizuku, also its possible to viably nibiru in the deck.

I've been playing block dragon burning abyss most online though my first IRL deck if I make it will likely be sky striker.
decided to build danger thunder for reigonals.

Let's just hope my banlist predictions are right cause if so

Thunder best deck
ever since they've had ranking duels on duelingnexus.com, it seems that I am a diamond ranked player, who has won most of their matches with salads and surprisingly, junk decks. In terms of losses, my worst deck has been skystrikers (I always seem to get bad draws whenever I use them), junk (need more protection) and pendulum (usually pendulum tends to be my strongpoint but they seem to loose online against subdwellers quite badly, as well as altegeists).

What is extremely surprisingly re: junk, is thhat I have been able to win matches against salamangreats (thank you OCG support that is due to come out in the TCG next year), dracos and skystrikers (it seems that synchro charge is an excellent way of getting multiple synchros onto the field, which in turn can summon more synchros and resummon themselves).
Original post by quasa
ever since they've had ranking duels on duelingnexus.com, it seems that I am a diamond ranked player, who has won most of their matches with salads and surprisingly, junk decks. In terms of losses, my worst deck has been skystrikers (I always seem to get bad draws whenever I use them), junk (need more protection) and pendulum (usually pendulum tends to be my strongpoint but they seem to loose online against subdwellers quite badly, as well as altegeists).

What is extremely surprisingly re: junk, is thhat I have been able to win matches against salamangreats (thank you OCG support that is due to come out in the TCG next year), dracos and skystrikers (it seems that synchro charge is an excellent way of getting multiple synchros onto the field, which in turn can summon more synchros and resummon themselves).

Managed to peak in GM with earth BA, also is the 2nd paragraph in random games because ranked ain't got OCG stuff.
Managed to peak in GM with earth BA, also is the 2nd paragraph in random games because ranked ain't got OCG stuff.

what's weird is that some of the ranked duels (using a vpn anyways) did allow to play with OCG cards (or at least it did). But yh, its tcg only otherwise.

What's weird is that I have lost 2 duels due to a stupid rock paper scissors glitch (essentially you have to select it very quickly else you forfeit :colonhash:)
Konami has just unveiled 2 new rules (also a new anime which is definitely going to be crap / aimed for little kids).

So the new anime, sevens, has a new format called rush duels (which I cant be asked going into as it looks crap).

What is more interesting however is MR5 (or 3.5 as its known amongst fandom) as it is a rather lovely hybrid of of MR3 and MR4. Translation: its MR4 BUT you get to fusion, synchro and XYZ symmon in the main monster zones without needing a link monster :biggrin: (extra deck pendulums summons and link summoning more than 1 still requires extradeck zone / link markers).

Good news: most decks are no longer neutered

Bad news: bleeping fluffal OTKs, multiple cyber infinitys on the field, toadally awsome become relevant again :colonhash:
@quasa

What cards do you think will be hit on banlist. I feel like orcust will receive babel ban, harp limit just for consistency, sky striker drones banned and engage semi, colossus probably go to 1 and I feel like some odd very minor consistency hit will be done to salamangreat. I'm hoping for a reset banlist of sorts especially since upcoming sets aren't impressive either.
@quasa

What cards do you think will be hit on banlist. I feel like orcust will receive babel ban, harp limit just for consistency, sky striker drones banned and engage semi, colossus probably go to 1 and I feel like some odd very minor consistency hit will be done to salamangreat. I'm hoping for a reset banlist of sorts especially since upcoming sets aren't impressive either.

imo they need to pre-emptive strike fluffals to avoid FTKs, cyber infinity definitely needs to be hit (sadly I doubt that will happen due to the popularity of cyber dragon), likewise toadally awsome. Halqifibrax (needlefibre), Junk convertor and junk speeder may be getting hit as soon as MR5 happens as they will be used for synchro spamming very effective boss monsters (particularly speeder, which can make you easily summon a whole plethora of boss monsters, including quantum, crystal, satellite warrior and red supernova dragon), Dingirisu is one card I want to see hit as orcusts from personal experience tend to suffer without it, along with babel. Engage might be limited (I have a feeling Sieg may be potentially hit later in the year) but agree about thunderdragon fusions. Salads are a weird one as they can still be effective with limited numbers. If you want to really screw salads, ban gazelle and limit spinny / sanctuary / wolf to 1.
(edited 4 years ago)
@quasa

I also feel dangers need to be hit as well (like limit all of them or semi-limit the low strength monsters and limit the high stat monsters)
@quasa
I'm hoping for a reset banlist of sorts especially since upcoming sets aren't impressive either.

by the looks of it, a lot of people will be using a combo of MR3 and MR4 playstyles from may onwards (it seems that of the MR4 tier 0s, thunders will be the strongest by a long way, salads and sky strikers may be hit). A lot of MR3 tier 0s will become stronger as well as some previous tier 2 decks (synchron decks it seems will be the biggest beneficiary, as well as utopic future focused decks).

Incidentally, what's your opinion on red supernova dragon? personally, I feel its like a more overpowered version of cosmic blazar, with a more balanced return effect.
Original post by quasa
imo they need to pre-emptive strike fluffals to avoid FTKs, cyber infinity definitely needs to be hit (sadly I doubt that will happen due to the popularity of cyber dragon), likewise toadally awsome. Halqifibrax (needlefibre), Junk convertor and junk speeder may be getting hit as soon as MR5 happens as they will be used for synchro spamming very effective boss monsters (particularly speeder, which can make you easily summon a whole plethora of boss monsters, including quantum, crystal, satellite warrior and red supernova dragon), Dingirisu is one card I want to see hit as orcusts from personal experience tend to suffer without it, along with babel. Engage might be limited (I have a feeling Sieg may be potentially hit later in the year) but agree about thunderdragon fusions. Salads are a weird one as they can still be effective with limited numbers. If you want to really screw salads, ban gazelle and limit spinny / sanctuary / wolf to 1.

Haven't seen fluffal ftk so can't comment on that, don't really see why infinity or toad those decks they're in aren't significant, speeder decks look like easy handtrap food. Those salad hits wouldn't happen several of those just kill the deck entirely.

In regards to dangers the small ones have already been semi limited, limiting the big ones doesn't really solve anything that's a problem at all.

Also just saying but tier 0 is a total domination format and there hasn't been one since 2017. In regards to old MR3 I honestly can't tell what would return from what because zoo took over for a while and really a lot before that have been powercrept.
(edited 4 years ago)
@quasa

We got pirate reveal and rocks in SESL. Pirate has potential though the rocks are already insane looking.

Quick Reply

Latest