The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Finding a job after uni

Hi guys, I’m studying a master course in Geographical information systems in Sheffield Hallam University. Is there any chance that I find a job immediately after I graduate from university?
Not sure on the UK job market, but if you learn some Swedish then almost every Swedish municipality are looking for graduates with GIS experience!

Realistically, providing you've studied in quite some detail and done applied GIS projectwork the yes, there is a demand and I shouldn't imagine finding work will be very difficult. Maybe try looking at some consulting companies like Sweco?
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by Somii62
Hi guys, I’m studying a master course in Geographical information systems in Sheffield Hallam University. Is there any chance that I find a job immediately after I graduate from university?

Hi,

It is possible to find a job straight after university. We have a brilliant careers team at Hallam, and as a current student you can book an appointment for a meeting with an advisor. If you have these meetings earlier then you can start applying for the jobs you want as soon as you finish your course.

Employability Advisers can help you with:

Researching sectors, organisations, and career paths

Finding and applying for jobs and placements

Writing a CV, application form or personal statement

Using Handshake and LinkedIn to make contacts and build your network

Interview techniques and assessment centre preparation

Finding and applying for postgraduate study

You can book an appointment on this page - https://www.shu.ac.uk/careers/see-an-adviser

There's also a lot of valuable information on jobs and applying for jobs on their homepage - https://www.shu.ac.uk/careers

If you need help with anything else, do let us know.

Rosie (Sheffield Hallam Rep)
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending