The Student Room Group

CIE A Level Geography Exam Chat

Hey!

I just wanted to see if anyone else on here was doing the CIE exam board for their Geography A Level! Already had paper 1, and just had paper 2 today!!

Was interested to see how everyone else found todays paper? and how you’re feeling about the paper on Thursday?

Nice to meet you!

@Evil Homer
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!! I found today tough but most of my class said it was okay, more worried about Thursday now!! You?
Reply 2
Original post by phoebelf
Hey!! I found today tough but most of my class said it was okay, more worried about Thursday now!! You?

Same! V worried for Thursday I haven’t even started and physical is my worst side 😭
Reply 3

it wasn’t too bad, not sure I did great on the essay tho
Reply 4
no honestly I’m so stressed for Thursday I’ve barely even learned it and there’s soo much content 😭 gonna die
Reply 5
Me too!! Am so worried. if core was like that with the essays and all Thursdays going to be awful 😭
Reply 6
Me too!! Am so worried. if core was like that with the essays and all Thursdays going to be awful 😭

Im doing paper 3 on thurs as well😭 what options are you doing?
Reply 7

I’m hoping there’s a 20 marker on coral reefs for coastal environments cos if not then idk what I’m doing😭
Reply 8
Original post by Abcxxxx
Im doing paper 3 on thurs as well😭 what options are you doing?

Hazards and coasts. Coral reefs or coastal management essay please!!! hazards are just awful completely but hopefully earthquakes 😂
Reply 9
Hazards and coasts. Coral reefs or coastal management essay please!!! hazards are just awful completely but hopefully earthquakes 😂

im doing hazards and coasts as well!
Reply 10
I just had my paper 3! One of the questions were really odd but the other 20 marker was okay though. Hopefully Paper 4 goes well!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 11
Original post by wegetit
I just had my paper 3! One of the questions were really odd and I had never seen anything like it for a 20 marker but I think I did okay??? The other 20 marker was okay though. Hopefully Paper 4 goes well!

how have you already done it??!!
Reply 12
Original post by JessicaFife
how have you already done it??!!

I'm in Japan! First country to do it.
Reply 13
ohhh I see

any last minute tips for me? 😭
Reply 14
ohhh I see

any last minute tips for me? 😭

well we are in different time zones so the questions would be different.
just be calm when you see the questions i guess!
Reply 15
I did not like the hazards 20 markers but rest was ok I think
Reply 16
it wasn’t amazing but I did my best

which 20 markers did u pick?
Reply 17
it wasn’t amazing but I did my best

which 20 markers did u pick?

Coral reefs and monitoring mass movements, honestly had 0 points for the mass movement one and barely wrote a page and a bit 😭
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Keenbean29
Coral reefs and monitoring mass movements, honestly had 0 points for the mass movement one and barely wrote a page and a bit 😭

haha same!! mass movement was painnnnnfull

i rlly dk how well I’ve done but oh well
Reply 19
haha same!! mass movement was painnnnnfull

i rlly dk how well I’ve done but oh well

Honestly could’ve been a lot worse, so far all the papers were doable and there weren’t any huge surprises. I just hope grade boundaries are low and tbf in 2019 it was only around 68-70% for an A*

Quick Reply

Latest