The Student Room Group

how to get a 9 in eng lit and eng lang?

As you can see,i want to get a 9 in eng lit and lang. Does anyone here do eduqas exam board?
Reply 1
I am doing the eduqas exam board. i myself need tips as well but one tip I could give is to include as many quotes as possible (that are relevant) in your answer. the examiners last year said that many people couldn't get higher than a 7 because they only used 3-4 quotes.
Original post by AnaMari
I am doing the eduqas exam board. i myself need tips as well but one tip I could give is to include as many quotes as possible (that are relevant) in your answer. the examiners last year said that many people couldn't get higher than a 7 because they only used 3-4 quotes

Should i use 6 minimum in essays and poems as well?
Reply 3
Original post by TimotheeLaurie
Should i use 6 minimum in essays and poems as well?

yeah, around 6 would be good. for the english literature, i am doing an inspector calls so my teacher advised me to learn at least 6-7 quotes on each character and on each theme.
Original post by AnaMari
yeah, around 6 would be good. for the english literature, i am doing an inspector calls so my teacher advised me to learn at least 6-7 quotes on each character and on each theme.

Me too! have you finished yours? cos i have only started mine. I feel like at this point, im gonna fail...
Reply 5
Me too! have you finished yours? cos i have only started mine. I feel like at this point, im gonna fail...

I'm in the process of finishing mine. there's just too many. Trust me, i feel like i am going to fail too but try to be positive. even if the only quote you learn is "you're squiffy"
@AnaMari okay. For me, I’m planning to wake up 5am everyday to revise a lil of eng lit
Reply 7
@AnaMari okay. For me, I’m planning to wake up 5am everyday to revise a lil of eng lit

That's what I'm doing. The first few days are probably the hardest. But i always remind myself that it will only be for 5 more months and then i can sleep for however many hours i want. and remember since you are waking up earlier, you must sleep earlier as well. I wish you good luck!
Original post by AnaMari
That's what I'm doing. The first few days are probably the hardest. But i always remind myself that it will only be for 5 more months and then i can sleep for however many hours i want. and remember since you are waking up earlier, you must sleep earlier as well. I wish you good luck!

GOODLUCK TO BOTH OF US! Also, we should keep in touch :smile:
Reply 9
GOODLUCK TO BOTH OF US! Also, we should keep in touch :smile:

Sure, i may a be a little late at replying back coz i have my mocks at the moment, but i'll try my best
Reply 10
I got a 9 in English language and literature gcse :biggrin: my biggest advice is to know the structure of the different parts of each exam you do, and how long you should spend on each part.
Memorize quotes for each character, each theme as well. Also include structure and context (time it was written in ect and why it would have such an effect on the reader, not just what effect) never just write about quotes. For poems do the same and for language just past papers I think.
Reply 13

Thank you sooo much. What you sent is a life saver

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending