The Student Room Group

Is UK Models legit or a scam

THIS IS A SCAM AGENCY! stay well away from this company
Original post by ilovetobgirl
THIS IS A SCAM AGENCY! stay well away from this company

How do you know
Original post by Stargirl2.0
How do you know

Because people who got involved with that modelling agency said it was a scam themselves
Have I been scammed then I applied last week for 2 of my children had a phone call today for 1 child to say they were successful ivepaid a refundable £50 which I get back when I arrive at the studio I've chosen 1 of their many studios to attend which was the London one we are due to go tomorrow please tell me its not a scam as it will break my son heart if it is
Reply 5
It's not a scam as such but after your shoot you will usually be told your deposit covers you to take away one photo and the hard sell commences asking for hundreds or even thousands of pounds for the photos, threatening to delete them if you ask to go away and have a think, all that kind of thing.
Reply 6
Hi everyone,
I saw the advert for UK models and decided to apply thinking they would not get back to me. They got back to me the next day which I was so pleased about. Got my mum to contact them as they wanted to contact her asap. During the call, a man named Luke had discussed that there would be a £50 deposit for if you don’t turn up you won’t get it back. There was no discussions made about paying anything else. He stated that I would be needing outfits and I will be getting hair and makeup done. Got to the place, Makeup was done as soon as I got there, photographer was very nice and make up artist did my hair too. Took pictures in my different outfits. Got told to go downstairs where my mum wasn’t with me at the time the man asked if my mum is ready to pay for these pictures I was confused as nobody has alerted us about paying for the pictures he asked me how does she not know sounding frustrated.My mum comes to the room and decided to show a slideshow of the pictures taken as he leaves the room, the slideshow was so quick I could not get a good look at my pictures so I had to restart it. He came back and said “there’s no reason for it to restart haha” then he discusses about teenagers package is £4999 and kids are £2999 my mum was shocked and did not want to pay. He kept pressurising my mum by Lessing the price for her to pay and also kept saying how I have so much potential, I did so amazing, and how agencies will take me. My mum felt uncomfortable by this and asked if she could discuss later he still attempted for her to pay giving more and more solutions by making the price shorter. He told us the £50 deposit is not for coming it’s for the picture so we could pay £50 for one picture of myself tho it was false you can’t even purchase one u have to purchase them all by the package. I am happy my mum did not pay for the package he said the photos will be deleted sounding frustrated and apparently will give my mum back the £50. Although I am not a model it was a good experience for me to experience being a model but I do not recommend going to UK models when a model I know adviced that there are agencies out there that do not charge as much as these ridiculous prices. Get your photos done with a white background for cheaper and send them to agencies.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest