The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

LJMU Child Nursing Telephone Interview.

Hi,

I have a telephone interview booked soon for Child Nursing at LJMU. Can anybody please tell me what to expect when comparing it to a face to face interview, and do telephone interviews place applicants at a disadvantage?

Thanks,

Jen

Scroll to see replies

Hi Jen,I too have a telephone interview for adult nursing in two weeks. I have also applied for child nursing but havent heard back from them yet.I am also thinking is this a disadvantage as I haven't seen any forums in relation to this.Hattie
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by Hatsie2019
Hi Jen,I too have a telephone interview for adult nursing in two weeks. I have also applied for child nursing but havent heard back from them yet.I am also thinking is this a disadvantage as I haven't seen any forums in relation to this.Hattie

Good luck with your interview for adult nursing! Hopefully you will hear back from your child nursing choice soon.

I believe that it is due to the amount of applicants that they need to get through. It’s just completely new to me and I wonder how we can sell ourselves over the telephone xxx
Original post by Jen83
Good luck with your interview for adult nursing! Hopefully you will hear back from your child nursing choice soon.

I believe that it is due to the amount of applicants that they need to get through. It’s just completely new to me and I wonder how we can sell ourselves over the telephone xxx

Aw thanks! Good luck with yours too!
Ah ok that makes sense I tried to book mine sooner but it was fully booked! I applied for March intake for Adult Nursing so I'm unsure if ill get accepted as its very soon. The child nursing is for the September intake.
I suppose it is all about selling yourself and stating why you want to study child nursing. I would just show how passionate your are and tell them about skills and strengths etc.
I went to the open day and had a mock interview and she said I done great but just research about the current pratices to make you stand out. That was for adult but I suppose its no harm in the same for children.
Reply 4
Thank you! Fingers crossed for both of us.I’ve got a face to face interview next week too, so I’m hoping I get at least one offer out of them both. It’s the scenario questions that stump me the most, I just end up waffling on.Good luck and let me know how you get on :-)
Original post by Jen83
Thank you! Fingers crossed for both of us.I’ve got a face to face interview next week too, so I’m hoping I get at least one offer out of them both. It’s the scenario questions that stump me the most, I just end up waffling on.Good luck and let me know how you get on :-)

'Fingers crossed' I'm sure you'll do great I wouldn't worry too much just keep going over questions beforehand and you'll be confident. I will do and keep me updated aswell, good luck! Xxxx
Oooh no gave tku

Original post by Jen83
Well I waited for over 2 hours today and no phone call. Deflated is an understatement :-( xx

Ooh no! Have you heard anything since?xx
Reply 7
Oooh no gave tku

Ooh no! Have you heard anything since?xx

I’ve got a place at Edge Hill :-) JMU rebooked me so I’ve got that tomorrow! How are you getting on? Xx
Original post by Jen83
I’ve got a place at Edge Hill :-) JMU rebooked me so I’ve got that tomorrow! How are you getting on? Xx

Oo congratulations! Thats good they rebooked so hopefully you have a choice at the time xx
Reply 9
Oo congratulations! Thats good they rebooked so hopefully you have a choice at the time xx

Thank you :-) I had my telephone interview today. It was so nerve wracking 😬 I don’t think I did well on that at all 🙈 xx
Original post by Jen83
Thank you :-) I had my telephone interview today. It was so nerve wracking 😬 I don’t think I did well on that at all 🙈 xx

Aw me too! Did you have a lecturer aswell as a course rep interviewing on the telephone? I got all muddled up due to nerves! I dont think I done well I only got asked 4 questions. Xx
Reply 11
Aw me too! Did you have a lecturer aswell as a course rep interviewing on the telephone? I got all muddled up due to nerves! I dont think I done well I only got asked 4 questions. Xx

Was yours for adult nursing? I got all confused too, it’s hard to explain things via phone really. It was just one lady asking the questions and she asked me 6 in total 😬 xx you will have done a lot better than you realise. We tend to analyse the smallest of details afterwards. I was convinced that I hadn’t got edge hill and I was surprised so you never know :-) did they give you any indication as to how long they take to let you know? Xx
Original post by Jen83
Was yours for adult nursing? I got all confused too, it’s hard to explain things via phone really. It was just one lady asking the questions and she asked me 6 in total 😬 xx you will have done a lot better than you realise. We tend to analyse the smallest of details afterwards. I was convinced that I hadn’t got edge hill and I was surprised so you never know :-) did they give you any indication as to how long they take to let you know? Xx

Glad im not the only one you have thought that! Hopefully I am over analysing, I was just really flustered as I was in work and had to leave to take the call. No they said it was down to the admissions team, I asked questions like how long? Can I reapply if I dont suceeded for the next intake. Mine was for adult Nursing for intake for March, but it could now be for September. I got a conidtional offer from Edge Hill for nursing for Jan just gone but didnt accept xx
Reply 13
Glad im not the only one you have thought that! Hopefully I am over analysing, I was just really flustered as I was in work and had to leave to take the call. No they said it was down to the admissions team, I asked questions like how long? Can I reapply if I dont suceeded for the next intake. Mine was for adult Nursing for intake for March, but it could now be for September. I got a conidtional offer from Edge Hill for nursing for Jan just gone but didnt accept xx

Aww well hopefully you get to where you want to be! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you :-) xx
Original post by Jen83
Aww well hopefully you get to where you want to be! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you :-) xx

Aw thanks very much! The same goes for you too lovely! Good luck :smile: xxx
Reply 15
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
Original post by Jen83
Hi,

I have a telephone interview booked soon for Child Nursing at LJMU. Can anybody please tell me what to expect when comparing it to a face to face interview, and do telephone interviews place applicants at a disadvantage?

Thanks,

Jen

what kinds of questions were you asked ?? xx
Reply 17
I start in March 2020 adult nursing 👍
@Hatsie2019 if you don’t mind me asking what questions did they ask you? I have a telephone interview Monday with ljmu for adult nursing, I just don’t want to get anything wrong

Many thanks
@Kim82! what were the questions like if you don’t mind me asking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending