The Student Room Group

bcu childrens nursing 2023

hi just wondering if anyone’s had an interview for childrens nursing at birmingham city

any tips :smile:
Here's a few examples questions that you may be asked at your interview.

How to prepare for your Child Nursing interview

Tell us about yourself. ...
Why do you want to be a paediatric nurse rather than a adult nurse or mental health nurse or even a midwife.
What do you know about our child nursing degree.
Describe what you think a children's nurse does and the type of people or groups you might work with. ...
What qualities do you need to be a good professional.

Why do you want to be a nurse
What experience do you have of nursing as a career ( not always necessary)
What do you think will be most challenging about this course?
What is the hardest part about being a nurse in the UK today ( perhaps lack of staff...?).
Describe the role of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)

The 6 C's of nursing
How would you cope with stress
How will you deal with a angry patient relative or other family members.
How will you handle a bereavement especially if the patient was one you were looking after while in hospital ( yes it can happen to children as well as adults).

Original post by Mariamk04
hi just wondering if anyone’s had an interview for childrens nursing at birmingham city

Unfortunately I am not doing children nursing at Birmingham but I am doing a final year student adult nurse in Scotland as each interview is different from each other usually so that nobody else knows what to expect.
Best of luck with your interview ☺️
Reply 2
Original post by Littleemma98
Here's a few examples questions that you may be asked at your interview.

How to prepare for your Child Nursing interview

Tell us about yourself. ...
Why do you want to be a paediatric nurse rather than a adult nurse or mental health nurse or even a midwife.
What do you know about our child nursing degree.
Describe what you think a children's nurse does and the type of people or groups you might work with. ...
What qualities do you need to be a good professional.

Why do you want to be a nurse
What experience do you have of nursing as a career ( not always necessary)
What do you think will be most challenging about this course?
What is the hardest part about being a nurse in the UK today ( perhaps lack of staff...?).
Describe the role of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)

The 6 C's of nursing
How would you cope with stress
How will you deal with a angry patient relative or other family members.
How will you handle a bereavement especially if the patient was one you were looking after while in hospital ( yes it can happen to children as well as adults).

Unfortunately I am not doing children nursing at Birmingham but I am doing a final year student adult nurse in Scotland as each interview is different from each other usually so that nobody else knows what to expect.
Best of luck with your interview ☺️

wow thank you so much!!
wow thank you so much!!

Hi
Thanks 🙏
You were welcome okay 😗👍

Hopefully things will go well with your upcoming interview for children nursing.
It's the waiting afterwards is the problem as you don't know when you'll be told of the outcome of the interview and whether you are getting a offer.

There's upcoming universities strike action throughout the whole of the UK starting beginning of February until April so this may delay decisions....

Good luck with it xxx
Reply 4

How was your bcu interview for child nursing? What questions did they ask? Because I have a interview too soon
Original post by Chx1m
How was your bcu interview for child nursing? What questions did they ask? Because I have a interview too soon

Hi

Unfortunately nobody else can tell you what questions they were asked at the interview because of giving fairness to the other potential students as well who'll have interviews.

Every interview that universities do for nursing students are completely different each and every time so you won't know what they will be asking 🤔🤔.

I would suggest that you look over what I said previously in reply 2 as this will give you guide for what you might be asked ok 🙏.

If you can't cope with the interview preparation then nursing isn't for you as you'll face harder workload as a student nurse as there's lots of things you have to learn.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending