The Student Room Group

2020 GCSE predictions

Hey guys!

I thought I’d start this thread off to help everyone out!
So, leave you predictions below for what’s gonna turn up in the actual GCSES May / June time.
If anyone has predictions for Edexcel Combined Higher Science, and Edexcel History (Cold War, Henry, Medicine and Germany), I’d love to know haha.
Make sure you leave the exam board and tier so it’s easy for people to understand :smile:

** remember these are just predictions
literally the exams keep changing, its confusing me SO MUCH
literally!!
Reply 3
I'm pretty sure that ozymadias and storm on the island won't come up cos they've come up recently AQA.Sheila Birling and Macbeth won't come up either as they came up last year. AQA
i did my eng lit last year so i’m so thankful i don’t have to worry about that ahah
Original post by fitzy04
I'm pretty sure that ozymadias and storm on the island won't come up cos they've come up recently AQA.Sheila Birling and Macbeth won't come up either as they came up last year. AQA

that's helpful so they probably won't come up this year, so i'll spend less time revising their characters/quotes etc?
Reply 6
Original post by lost.soul
that's helpful so they probably won't come up this year, so i'll spend less time revising their characters/quotes etc?

The thing is, you should still revise them, especially poem wise, because the question could be 'compare remains and a poem of your choice', and that would require you to have information of another poem in your head. And you might want to mention Sheila in your answer.
do you do edexcel igcse history?
I am doing changes in medicine c1848-c1948 and for development of dictatorship: german 1918-1945 , but i dont do cold war and henry, i do civil rights in the usa and russia and the soviet union
Original post by popsy354
I am doing changes in medicine c1848-c1948 and for development of dictatorship: german 1918-1945 , but i dont do cold war and henry, i do civil rights in the usa and russia and the soviet union

That’s so similar to me! I’m doing Edexcel changes in medicine c1848-1949, Cold War, Russia/Soviet Union and the USA 1918-1941. How are you finding it and how did mocks go?
Original post by Ewhiskerd8
That’s so similar to me! I’m doing Edexcel changes in medicine c1848-1949, Cold War, Russia/Soviet Union and the USA 1918-1941. How are you finding it and how did mocks go?

Ah I have really enjoyed the content- we just started medicine a few weeks ago (so after mocks), but i am finding it hard to organise notes by theme and all. So about mocks, my russia and usa bits went really well and i lost about 5 marks in each, but my germany didnt go very well (probably because this is the one i had the least knowledge and revision of - for my 16 marker i was out of the time period they gave so i lost a lot of marks there :/ ) How are you finding it and how did your mocks go?
I am aiming for a 9 (i am predicted one as well but i am so scared- i really want to do well because this is my favourite subject!)
I generally structure my exam questions the same way and make sure that i am directly answering the question (using discourse markers such as: One effect is...Another effect is..., and it honestly just helps keep the structure) and not including too many irrelevant pieces of information, because there is hardly enough time in the exam (honestly 45 minutes is not enough ugh). It depends on the questions - the medicine and germany questions are quite different and i am just learning how to do the medicine ones (i literally have a 16 marker about surgery in front of me and its due for tomorrow ohmyy).
The other igcse subjects i do are maths, triple science, spanish (but i have different boards for my other subjects - i also do english ocr, additional maths ocr, geography aqa, computer science aqa)
Ah I have really enjoyed the content- we just started medicine a few weeks ago (so after mocks), but i am finding it hard to organise notes by theme and all. So about mocks, my russia and usa bits went really well and i lost about 5 marks in each, but my germany didnt go very well (probably because this is the one i had the least knowledge and revision of - for my 16 marker i was out of the time period they gave so i lost a lot of marks there :/ ) How are you finding it and how did your mocks go?

I have always really enjoyed history as the content is very interesting - although there is SO much of it! I’m finishing theme 3 of medicine this week! As for the mocks, I got 108/120 overall which was a grade 9. I’m doing history a level btw!
I have always really enjoyed history as the content is very interesting - although there is SO much of it! I’m finishing theme 3 of medicine this week! As for the mocks, I got 108/120 overall which was a grade 9. I’m doing history a level btw!

ikr! Are you not doing it in chronological order? We just started unit 3 today ahh. well done!! I am also doing a level history too (: - do you know what topics you are studying?
ikr! Are you not doing it in chronological order? We just started unit 3 today ahh. well done!! I am also doing a level history too (: - do you know what topics you are studying?

Sorry for such a late reply! No, for some reason we’re jumping all around the place but we’re finishing theme 5 in school tomorrow so we can do revision now! And no I have no idea what topics we are doing at A Level, but my sisters friend does A Level history at my school and I believe she said she’s doing the tudors so possibly that? Do you know?
Sorry for such a late reply! No, for some reason we’re jumping all around the place but we’re finishing theme 5 in school tomorrow so we can do revision now! And no I have no idea what topics we are doing at A Level, but my sisters friend does A Level history at my school and I believe she said she’s doing the tudors so possibly that? Do you know?

dont worry x Same - they are rushing everything because schools will probably close next week because of coronavirus :/ soo im pretty sure we will finish within the next two days. Ahh i love the tudors! The school im at right now is doing that topic, but since Im moving I am not going to be able to do that - i am doing russia and the french revolution (:

Quick Reply

Latest